1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

screening trap range shot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jukeman, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jukeman

jukeman TS Member

Has anyone went to the range and tried to collect shot and screen it? with the price of lead could it be feasable? a gus told me he did it and collected a ton in no time

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I got 350 lbs today in a couple hours. I remelt it and run it thru my shot maker. I screen it with a 1/8 inch screen to get the big stuff out and pour it into another bucket using a fan to blow the small debris out.

Jim

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Been grabbing a few pounds here and there, just a few sifters graduated down. I plan on remelting for shot. At this time to much effort to clean good enough for reloading. Our range is dense with trees and brush. Makes for a tougher job. I bought a cheap small blower at yard sale I skim the areas I think will be heavy in shot. When a area is found I will spend about 1.5h digging and sifting. At the current price of 49.00 bag at cabelas. The only place that has shot in my area. Its not to bad to spend a few hours now and then to get some lead. I would have to find a secound job and work for a few hours to get the xtra $$$ to by shot at this price. I will be hitting the fall zone heavy a few times before the snow and freeze comes. Ive spent about 8hrs including material round up and have about 5 gallons worth. I have not bothered weighing.

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Who owns the shot on the ground?

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Permission from the board to salvage what ever I can. Shovel and screen. No power equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.