1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCOTUS will hear the case on Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by sliverbulletexpress, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Oh boy, we are in for it if they rule it constitutional. The courts that have ruled in favor of it used the old interstate commerce argument which in my worthless opinion doesn't pass the constitutional test either.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can bet the WH is already discussing how to get "the fix" going on this.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I just hope the latest lesbo appointed excuses herself from the ruling because she was involved in the making of this healthcare law.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Read that she has to exclude herself. I believe I read it in the Wall St Journal.

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

No she will not, its too important, obami is grinning

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The shame of it is that the Justice makes that decison on her own and about herself and NO ONE can force the matter otherwise. Perhaps, the Chief Justice can get her to consider recusing herself by telling her that she will NEVER get to write a decision while he is Chief Justice.

The reality is that this has the look of impropriety all over it based on her being Solicitor General while this law was being debated. Remember that the Administration and the White House were fully behind this legislation. How can the Administration's top lawyer claim with any sincerity that she never even made a single comment on the bill? Wouldn't someone in the Administration ask her? After all, who else would they ask about the bill's legality if not their top in-house lawyer??

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

The lib-bags are trying to build a case to get Clarence Thomas to recuse himself, too, to even out the liberal/conservative balance in the face of what has to be an obvious, undeniable conflict on Kagan's part.

My question is, what will be the effect on the election? Common sense would seem to dictate that having his signature legislation ruled U/C would have to hurt Obama at the time when he's describing his accomplishments.

On the other hand, I can easily see Independents (usually the stupidest and most ignorant people in the American electorate) saying to themselves, "Aha, now that his onerous H/C bill has been declared U/C, Obama has been de-fanged and cannot hurt us anymore...so let's re-elect him and see if we can get more goodies out of him."

8. capulona

capulona TS Member

Here's a way to fix healthcare in the USA: get an annual physical. If you are overweight, has high cholesterol, not physically fit, smokes, tests positive for drugs, or otherwise a burden on our Health Care system, you must buy Health Insurance and charged in a sliding scale. If you can't afford it, do everyone a favor and die.

How's that?

9. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

P3 from April to Oct they usually meet to give decisions and orders but not open for usual legal sessions. Of course when your family was there it was different
    Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.