1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCOTUS earthquake today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wireguy, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I believe today is the day the Supreme Court is hearing the case, I think McDonald vs City of Chicago, that will decide whether the second ammendment incorporates to the states, and thus to counties and cities. This is the big one for us people. If they do find that the second ammendment does, as have all the other parts of the bill of rights, incorporate to the states, thousands of anti-gun laws presently on the books are going to become violations of the law and subject to lawsuits. Most government entities will not attempt to defend, as they know they will lose. If you are given to prayer, now would be a good time.

2. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I already did.
    Some would think God would not want us to harm anyone ;thus not own a gun, but remember that Jesus said to turn the other cheek. My inturpretation of that is turn the other cheek ONCE.I believe I am probably right because Jesus got mad enough to throw the money changers from the temple and was forceful enough thaat even though greatly outnumbered was not challenged.
    I don't believe in a "wimpy" Jesus. He was a carpenter in a time of heavy timbers and hand tools and I think that just because of who he was, he would have had a perfect body in every way. Lean, strong, and handsom.

You can tell I'm Southern Baptist!

I am fearful of what the Court will do on this one since Sodomayer has been added.

3. EE

EE Banned User Banned

They are supposed to be hearing the case today, but it may be months before they decide the case.

EE

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Baruch Ahta Adonai.... (from those of the Jewish persuasion) Amen...

Jay

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Assoc. Press.WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court suggested Tuesday it will strike down U.S. cities' outright bans on handguns, a ruling that could establish a nationwide ownership right fervently sought by gun advocates. But the justices indicated less severe limits could survive, continuing disputes over the "right to keep and bear arms."

Chicago area residents who want handguns for protection in their homes are asking the court to extend its 2008 decision in support of gun rights in Washington, D.C., to state and local laws.

Such a ruling would firmly establish a right that has been the subject of politically charged and often fierce debate for decades. But it also would ensure years of legal challenges to sort out exactly which restrictions may stand and which must fall.

Indeed, the outcome of the Washington lawsuit in 2008 already has spawned hundreds of court challenges, including one in Massachusetts over a state law requiring gun owners to lock weapons in their homes.

Two years ago, the court announced that the Constitution's Second Amendment protects an individual's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.