1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scotr Brown is a joke

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BrowningPotato, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

After a day of listening to the talking heads yesterday, I heard several quotes from "Pretty Boy" Brown which were deeply disturbing. He said "We're past campaign mode. I think it's important for everyone to get some form of health care. So, to offer a basic plan for everybody, I think is important. It’s just a question of whether we are going to raise taxes, we’re going to cut a half a trillion from Medicare, and we’re going to affect Veteran’s care."

Past campaign mode? What happenened to say what you mean and mean what you say? This guy won because people thought they were getting a voice of opposition from Big Government, then he gets what he wants and sh*ts on his constituents. When I heard this I was so mad I could spit. This is just another career politician who will lie to whomever he needs to get what he wants. He went from a saving grace to a disgrace in my book.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Democrat candidate was a real gem.

Massachusett's health care system is a real failure. NOt a good model to draw from.

If this guy knows what's good for him he will represent his constituents.

HM

3. chuckles

chuckles Member

There is no accountability in our Government, you can do what ever you want and most likely get away with it, too many examples to list here, Barney Frank, Teddy Kennedy, Chris Dodd, and on and on and on....it will never change, its the way it is....still the best country to live in by far....you just have to figure out how to get yours and then get the mindset and get it....

Complaining is for the wimps and those that can't figure it out....

and then there is O'Riley and Beck who have become Multi Millionaires exploiting
    the obvious and telling us about our stupidity.....

Bottom line..."No Accountability"

You want change...????
    enact laws that threaten their Pensions if caught double dealing, cheating or lying to the people they serve......

regards

4. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

If Scott Brown strays to far off the reservation he will be replaced. His election was very much a message from the voters to Washington--"Wise up or you'll be replaced next". This includes Scott Brown. For us here at TS.com remember he is very much pro-gun and pro-hunting, that's good for our clubs, ranges and gun cabinets. I'm happy with all that for today.

5. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

You must realize what the message is. People want health care reform. They don't want 2700 pages of B.S. that has 2500 of bad ideas and pork in it. Some of the ideas in the bill were good ideas. We need to contain costs and make health insurance companies more people friendly. If it turns out he is a joke, it is way too early to start laughing yet.

6. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If what you are saying and what could be the truth , then what good is it to throw the old out and bring in the new ? All you will get is Thieving , Lying Polititians from whatever side they are coming from !! Accountability will prevail . As Chuckes stated , You get caught in the act then suffer the loss . Deprive them of the perks they voted for themselves .

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rudy Giuliani was on the other day. He summarized the health care needs perfectly:

Tort Reform, Malpractice suit limitations, and interstate competition of providers. Also the insurance companies need their exemption from anti trust laws removed.

I am 100 per cent with that. These items could be handled, legalese and all, in about ten pages at the most.

What has we have paid our leaders to do this last year is a travesty. In the real world producing scrap gets you fired.

HM

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

I agree Scott Brown is probably a joke. He looks to me like a perfect-haired, platitude-spouting pretty boy who will change his spots as quickly as Kim Kardashian goes through black boyfriends.

But - his election is a HUGE problem for Democrats right now. That's good enough for me. I take what I can get.

3 things we need to remember:

1. If Teddy had been on the ballot Tuesday - HE WOULD HAVE WON EASILY. This was an open-seat election and should be regarded as such.

2. Scott Brown's opposition to ObamaCare was only based on the fact that Mass. already has it, and he felt his state was giving up too much under Obama's plan with not enough benefits in return. A standard, "gimme, gimme" attitude that is based in practicality, not ideology.

3. Ultimately - all Northeastern Republicans govern about the same way. We have no reason to expect different.

We celebrated richly this past week. But nowhere should we draw the conclusion this guy (or anyone like him) is the answer to our prayers.

He's a Northeastern Republican. He WILL govern like one, in order to prevent getting fired by his Massachusetts voters (who are still, for the most part, ____sucking commies).

9. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Remember This
    A watered down healthcare bill is just that. As long as they get a sheet of paper the says healhcare bill past and becomes law the anything can be added and added and added untill they put back the 2700 pages and more.

We don't have a healthcare bill now and we don't need one. What is needed is to cross state lines to create compitation . New laws about merters and acquisitons where they are buying up markets then you have less to choose from.

Kill the BILL and create fair laws and conpitation to the market not market control. Get all over these politations and stay on them. Don't let them put words in your mouth and thoughts in your head. Just think what is fair for all.

10. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

If Scott Brown simply keeps the Senate tied up in knots until the November elections, he will have done the USA a considerable service. Give him a chance.

Ed Ward

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

It's that word "fair" I have a problem with.. Is fair for a person who works 7 days a week... and fair for a person who can work.. but does not want to.. or maybe never has worked for a living the same????? I think NOT...

12. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Caution. The Brown election was a warning to the Liberal Democrats. They will now pump up every source to sway / pay for votes in November. "Acorn", or what is now 367 different organizations, will be reinforced and fired up for November 2010.

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

BrowningPotato

"He said "We're past campaign mode. I think it's important for everyone to get some form of health care."

Good God tater the Senator Elect from Mass hasn't even been sworn in yet and you have him branded as another Liberal.

All he said was some form of health care. Not Obama care if a plan can worked out that give everyone equal health care. What would be the harm in it as long as the government isn't the administrator of it

Why don't you back off and at least give him enough rope to hang himself. Instead of trying to put the noose around his neck before he even gets into office.

Bob Lawless

14. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

Well said Chuckles.

Regards, Pete

15. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think he's a hero. We'll see how he does from here BUT......
    In one day he managed to put the brakes on the dems, Obama, Obamacare, the filibuister proof senate and instilled hope (heard that before) that we are taking our country back. When Nazi Pelosi and Chris Dodd come out after this election and say we need to SLOW DOWN on health care, believe me he's put these aholes on the ropes and they know it.

Give the man a chance, you may just be surprised.

16. RAScott

RAScott Member

I am glad that the health care bill is dead, we all have healthcare in this country. Why are all the illegals in line at the ER because they dont have to pay.

I pay $1400.00 per month for a family plan HMO that covers my ex-wife.

With the new plan I will pay more and get crappy healthcare coverage. so like it or not every person in this country has healthcare. It may not be the coverage they want, but it is free,should i lower my coverage and raise my cost? screw-that scott did a great thing killing it.

Lets see how he votes then judge him.

Bob

17. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Ivanhoe:

Thanks, for clarifying one thing, he also said money should not be cut from medicare. Perhaps some folks have shot too many rounds of trap with no hearing protection.

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

It could be worse. We could have elected this moron to some really important post.

"January 24, 2010
    U.S. to Appeal Blackwater Case Dismissal, Biden Says
    By ANTHONY SHADID

BAGHDAD — Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. promised Iraqi leaders on Saturday that the United States would appeal the dismissal of manslaughter charges against five Blackwater Worldwide security contractors involved in a deadly shooting here that has inflamed anti-American tensions.

Mr. Biden, tasked by the Obama administration to oversee policy in Iraq, made the statement after a day of meetings with Iraqi leaders that dealt, in part, with a political crisis that has erupted over the March 7 parliamentary elections. American officials view the vote, a barometer of the durability of Iraq’s political system, as a crucial date in American plans to withdraw tens of thousands of combat troops from Iraq by the end of August.

The vice president expressed his “personal regret” for the Blackwater shooting in 2007, in which contractors guarding American diplomats opened fire in a crowded Baghdad traffic circle, killing 17 people, including women and children.

“A dismissal is not an acquittal,” he said after meeting President Jalal Talabani.

Investigators had concluded that the guards fired indiscriminately on unarmed civilians in an unprovoked and unjustified attack. The guards contended that they had been ambushed by insurgents and fired in self-defense.

In December, in a decision that was a blow to the Justice Department and unleashed anger and disbelief in Iraq, a federal judge threw out the five guards’ indictment on manslaughter charges, citing misuse of their statements that violated their constitutional rights. The judge’s scathing and detailed ruling was expected to make any appeal difficult.

“This is great news,” Abdel-Amir Jihan, who was wounded in the shooting, said after hearing of Mr. Biden’s announcement. “The court was not fair to us. We felt great injustice when we heard the verdict. It was not right to drop the charges against them.”

Mr. Biden was scheduled to leave Saturday evening after a 24-hour visit that involved meetings with most of the pivotal players in the election crisis. That dispute erupted this month after a government commission barred more than 500 candidates, accusing them of supporting Saddam Hussein’s Baath Party. While some leaders have insisted that the disqualifications adhered to Iraqi law, many Sunni Muslims have seen them as score-settling by religious Shiite parties who suffered under Baath Party rule, and American officials have worried that the move could impair the vote’s legitimacy.

American officials have warned Iraqi leaders to avoid a process that, in the words of Mr. Biden’s national security adviser, Antony J. Blinken, “lacks transparency and fairness and credibility.” But as expected, there was no breakthrough in the meetings, and Mr. Biden, who spent the day shuttling between meetings, stressed that the United States would not impose a solution.

“I want to make clear I am not here to resolve that issue,” he said. “I am confident that Iraq’s leaders are seized with this issue and are working for a final, just solution.”

Before his meeting with Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki, though, Mr. Biden alluded to how frequently American mediation — especially his own, over the course of three trips here since he became vice president — has been necessary. He jokingly told Mr. Maliki: “I’ve come to apply for citizenship. I’ve been here enough.”

The crisis has proved intractable in part because of its very nature: a legal process with obvious and sweeping political effects, seized on by Iraqi leaders with competing interests.

In Mr. Biden’s meeting with Mr. Maliki, officials said, the prime minister insisted that the disqualifications were simply a legal issue. But Mr. Maliki’s critics have accused him of politicizing the issue as much as anyone, and in a speech on Friday, he took an especially hard line, saying that the barring of candidates in itself did not go far enough.

And while many of the most senior Iraqi officials have warned the United States against interference in Iraq’s affairs, others — especially many of the Sunni politicians who were barred from running — have sought American intervention.

American officials have said that, despite the current political crisis, they do not foresee any delay in this August’s withdrawal of the main body of American combat troops.

A notable step in that process happened Saturday when the Marine Corps handed over security duties in Anbar Province, once a cradle of the insurgency, to United States Army soldiers. The move formally ended the seven-year-long Marine presence in Iraq, in effect signaling the end of heavy combat operations.

As many as 25,000 Marines were once in the country, and the remaining few thousand are expected to leave within weeks."

19. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

The more the legislative branch is tied up in knots, the better for everyone, especially gun owners. Scott Brown is causing a serious knot right now, plus he is a proven friend of gun owners, whi are constantly under siege in Massachusetts. I live in his district and he has been a great MA State Senator, always responsive and usually on the right side of issues.

20. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Would you prefer the bitch he beat in the election then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.