1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scoring question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trent, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trent

Trent TS Member

I am a fairly new shooter but I have learned to check the scorekeepers at registered shoots (mistakes happen). I just got back from Sparta and checked my scores on line and they were a little different that what I written down. They scored me down two birds in one of the singles events and up three birds in one of the doubles. My question is; what can cause them to change a score from what was on the score sheet? Is there something else I should check in addition to X, O and the addition of the score?

2. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

according to the rules only two things can happen:

1. Unclear marks are scored as losses. If the scorer made a mistake, corrected it but didn't write DEAD in the box the office will count it as a loss. That might explain having the lower score in the one event.

2. Math errors. Scorer incorrectly added up your hit targets, substracted wrong or whatever. The office will verify the math and post the proper score.

Other than above, the scores should at the scorers bench and the board should match.

3. mcv

mcv Member

typos happen between the scorer's chair & the scoresheet annex. you have two hours to check your scores on the scoreboard. when/if you find a mistake you make it known at that time especially if you are in the running for a trophy or options/added money. if a typo has occurred a correction is made immediately. however, at this point in time, the only thing that can be done is to correct your scores for the record books. you should to contact the ATA office if you feel a mistake was made. YOU are responsible to make sure your score is recorded correctly.

& ditto what he said above . . . mathematical errors are corrected at data entry.

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

the only legal explanation is the count was incorrect on the field score count and when it was recounted and verified in the office changes were made.

5. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

So Twinbirds, are you stating that my example #1 or MCV's example aren't legitimate possibilities? Other than the 2 hour reference he is correct. There is not a time frame with that rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.