1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

scores in cold vs warm weather

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

how do your scores compare when you have summer temps vs cold and wearing layered clothing? do they drop off?

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

My scores tend to be worse in the cold. That is not saying there are extremly good on a nice 80 degree day either
    Nick

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

In winter, the only targets I break are from loading the machines..... ;-)

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

After tracking scores for decades, Dec-March have always been down months. Even thought I live in a warm area and shoot year round. Must be the frequent changes in the wind during the winter months.

5. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I shot winter leauges,,,sometimes more than one,,,,I find as I have moved up in class(what little I have),,,,the gap between summer and winter has closed a bit,,,,when I was D class,,,20 bird defrence,,,,never shot c class,,,,,in B class about a 10 bird defrince,,,and in A ,,,this winter,,,and we shot some real nasty weather on Staten Island,,,about a 6 bird drop off

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I hate the thought of not shooting during winter but my scores reflect the conditions. Too many clothes. Restricted movement. Spend all winter learning bad habits that take most of the summer to remove. Ah...warm weather coming.

Big Jack

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

For me personally, the cold weather costs me about 1 target out of a round. The cold weather I'm referring to is shooting from 5 to 35 degrees. I find the cold, stiff wind (15 plus mph) is also part of the equation. Rarely do we have cold & calm during the winter. I shoot in northeast Ohio. Darrell

8. below 0

below 0 TS Member

When Frozen targets are thrown and you have to wear multiple layers of clothing to keep from becoming a icicle, your scores tend to go right in the dumper...
    I only shoot fun targets, absolutely NO Registered targets until the weather straightens up and the temps get above 60...lol

Dale Otis

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

My cold weather scores are always terrible. I'll average around 95-96 during the summer, but average something pathetic like in the 80's during the winter. I'm sure the cold has something to do with it, but I also attribute it to the fact that during the winter I am not out shooting every week. My best score has been in 106 degree weather, but I don't get that up by me, and I attribute that more towards the venue and situation rather than the weather of course.
    -Trappy

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

After years of looking at a less then good adverage at the end of the year I no longer shoot in the cold . I thought I had to shoot registerd all winter in the cold and wind . It cost me four or five targets per 100 when it,s 35 or less .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.