1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Scorers chair

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BeerKing, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

has anyone got a good set of plans to build some scorers chairs. I have seen the composite ones and though they are nice i can not afford to spend the money on a dozen of them.
  2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Member

up for the plans.

Ron Burdick
  3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

Ask what kind of price he will give you for a dozen o them. Its worth asking.

Second buy one and copy it for the rest of the ones you need. I have done that with other things.
  4. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

Try this one: http://tinyurl.com/d33dph4

Got some different ones in there.

jy
  5. 320090T

320090T Active Member

Wow, they are proud of those plastic things! Plan "B" Robinson Ranch in FL has some chairs made from white PCV pipe with a removable top. I thought they would be flimsy but they were quite sturdy really. The owner of RR posts here, maybe he would post some pictures and measurements. Or, you might email him.

wthomas234@cfl.rr.com
  6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

BeerKing, Years ago I experienced the same thoughts as you. We could not afford a dozen either especially when you add in the freight. They are good.
    I did a sketch from their add and made some using plastic decking. I didn't want to buy one and copy it either. Good luck. Bob
  7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I am sure someone out there has bught one and modified one from the sign company which is what i want to do. someone has surely wrote down the dimensions and made a set of plans. I can start cutting on a trial and error basis but would just as soon see the plans.
  8. jhoward

jhoward Member

You might try this, not a purpose designed scorer's chair, but it should work fine either with or without modifying it for a built in desktop. See link above.
  9. spitter

spitter Active Member

Our club bought a pair from Advance Sign and have never regretted that decision... the one aspect of the design we found lacking was the the scorer's writing surface which used a carriage bolt as a hinge...

The carriage bolt was unable to support the writing surface as it swings out of the way... after only limited amount of use, it was apparent that design, while simple and nice looking, would not hold up...

After YEARS of exposure and no maintenance - those chairs still look and function fantastic, plus they're rated for a tush that weighs more than 225#...

Jay
  10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I saw one of them that had changed the scoring board and would like to get the dimensions of that chair.
  11. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

12. grunt

grunt Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.