1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCORER'S CHAIR PLANS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I've begun looking to see if I can find any good building plans for scorer's chairs.

Simple design, sturdy and economical.

Any help out there?

Guy Babin

2. Damifino

Damifino Member

I have a a chair plan that guarantees the scorer will pay very close attention....

[​IMG]
    HA!!

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

These came off this forum some time ago before I joined. I saved them because I had never seen any others.

The chair is welded steel but you may be able to use the dimensions to make one out of wood. I saved some divided and enlarged drawings as well if you need/want something clearer.

<center>[​IMG]</center>

MK

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

MK thanks... and I would be interested in seeing the enlarged details. My home club uses metal-framed chairs very similar to these.

I see that an outfit called Advance Sign (www.advance-sign.com) sells ready-made chairs constructed out of synthetic material commonly used on residential decks. They retail for $395.00 and look like a good product. (395x16=$6,320.00). Similar chairs could be built for less than that with donated labor.

Just doing some unilateral research on behalf of our home grounds. Any advice is appreciated.

Guy Babin

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Guy, You are correct. I made some from the same material, but don't have a plan. I used to have the pieces saved as a template but they're gone now. About $150 to 200 if I remember right. All labor donated.

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<center>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    </center>

MK

7. maka

maka Member

If you build the chairs out of steel because, of the weight make sure you use large wheels. Shot at a club with them. Every time they had to be moved was very difficult do to small coaster wagon size wheels.

8. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Mike,

Points taken... you'd think a good trap boy or girl, especially one getting paid, would willingly sacrifice their young and sturdy body to serve as a stepping stone for those of us less agile.

maka, Big wheels "is" good wheels!

Thanks again MK

Guy

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

10. VNVET

VNVET Member

Guy,
    I built a chair from these plans several years ago and I think the materials were less than $100. Use at least 10" wheels. We have not had a tipping problem to my knowledge.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
advance sign trap shooting chairs
how to build trapshooting scoreing chair
how to make a shootin score chair
trap scorers chair
trap shooting scorers chair

trap shooting scoring chair plans

trap shooting scoring chairs

trappers scoring chair