1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

score rule question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

At the end of event, squad leader not to happy with score keepers results. Squad leader says that other suqad member did not score what score keeper stated? Even the shooter in question said he missed more than scored, but did not know how many? There where a few problems with the whole 50 target event. What is the rule for this. I read over the rule book but did not find a clear answer.

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

shoot over

:)

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

What did the scorer read off at the change? That is what I go by and then compare it the total at the end. Once you change, the score for the five stand.

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

So what do you do when the scorer calls lost (rightly so) on 2 targets total and then when the round is over, you find the scorer only marked 1 as lost? I tried to explain that I dropped 2 targets, the scorer called 2 lost, yet the scorer only marked one as lost. Unfortunately, we had to let the 24 stand, which rather irritated me. I don't like "gimme's."

According to the rules, the scorer is the final decision maker, so to speak, unless you catch the error "before" you change posts. Correct?

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

I too don't like "gimme's. I'll question but not argue. Scorers young eyes are usually better than mine, but I sometimes think they confuse wads with pieces.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I score as well as shoot and I can guarantee that the view from the chair is much easier than from the walks.

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

320090T, I agree. I also score as well as shoot and I'm particularly careful when calling out scores and recording them. I mark them as I see/call them. I also wear my shooting glasses when scoring, since they are prescription and I can see things crisply with them.

I've a feeling my scorer (who was not a kid) wasn't paying attention, lost track and then had to fill in the blanks based on memory. First time I've had 2 targets called lost and only one recorded. It didn't hurt or help me, but still...

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would fight you over taking one away. I have had to request my score be "adjusted" in the minus direction in the past and I am certain it will happen again in the future. You will get a fight if you try and add one after shooting a whole round.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I want my score to be accurate. I know that occasionally, scorers do make mistakes. But, scorers make fewer mistakes scoring than I make when shooting. I do not always get what I want.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.