1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Score Keeper's View

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wineguy, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Score Keeper

I noticed this weekend at the Silver Dollar,none of the score keepers sat in an elevated scorer's chair. Most were sitting in low style chairs.One would think this is a poor policy as the scorer has less than a clear ,unobstructed view of all the target angles.Its another aspect of a shooter claiming there was a chip and the scorer disagreeing.Even my small club has elevated scorer chairs. Any thoughts? BB

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Sitting in the lower chairs is more comfortable but it is tough looking through a shooter to see a target or a "chip".

On the other hand looking under a target from the lower chair position can be a benefit for sure.

I will be down there Wednesday and check it out!

FRedmon

3. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

When i was down there for two days of the chain shoot I noticed that the scorers were somewhat advanced in age. I would guess they might have a little trouble getting into a higher scorers chair. Don't ask me how I know this! LOL They were good scorers, very polite and effective.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sitting in a low chair is not a problem if you listen for the shot hitting the bird. HMB

5. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

When I score I stand behind at about the 20 yard line for singles and a yard or two back from the shooters for handicap. Since I am 6 foot 5 inches, not many shooters taller than me to block my view.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

We have high scorer chairs; good view of targets and bald shooters. Darrell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.