1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

score card ? and averages ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Last year average was a 84.3 1st year shooting and some low scores from shooting in march in very cold windy days.
    Question is Last years average is a 84.3. This years average with only 200 targets is 94.0. so is my average for this target year a 94.0 or a 89.0

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Curt

3. Shoot-at-em

Shoot-at-em TS Member

Curt is correct. Each target year stands on it's own. With only 200 targets this year, a classifier may take last year's average into account when placing you in a class.
    Frank

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

200 targets is normally not sufficient for a classifier to make a decision when more scores are available. They almost alwys want to see last years card to make sure your average was not a 97 too. I would suspect they would place you no higher than B based on your two current scores and last year's average. The fact that two scores brought your average from last year from 84.3 to 89 tells me you did not have a lot of targets in last year anyway so they will likely use average of all scores to determine your class.

Jeff

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

1300 singles last year

6. Coach'sWorry

Coach'sWorry TS Member

with that average the previous year, and then that you are now at a 94 average for only 200 hundered, you would most likely be placed in B, because of the past average and penalty. Each year's average is what it is they don't overlap or affect the pevious or future years

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

maclellan1911 there are a couple of factors that determine class in this case I copied and pasted the following from the ATA Rulebook

"a. If the shooter has less than 500 targets on current year’s Average
    Card, use the previous year average and known ability.

b. If the shooter has between 500 and 1,000 targets (inclusive) on
    his/her current year’s Average Card, use the current average and
    known ability or the previous year’s average and known ability,
    whichever is higher."

IF you shot in the State Shoot this year where were you classified?

Bob Lawless

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I shot the MA state shoot. They wanted to put me in D class. I won D class last year, so I requested C class. I shot at my best. I put a lot of time and practice over the winter. I took runner up in C class with a 188 1st place C class won with a 191. I have been staying in the 22 23 area pretty well. for the amount of targets I shoot(not a lot)I have been improving. Im really not worried about classification at shoots. Just if the averages are put together year to year. The next shoot I go to they know my ability. Im sure I will be C or maybe B. Not worried. If I stay in my game I know I can be a contender.

9. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Did you break those targets using my shot by chance John???

Jeff

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no jeff, been loading yours in my practice 7/8oz shells. Part of the reason I think Im shooting better. PS Im shooting those 7/8 through a IM choke I tried them from Yardage got a 19/25 from the 25. Not to bad I do not get a lot of Hcap shooting under my belt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.