1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Scope Recomendations Savage 93G 22mag???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kgp912kgp, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Member

Bought a new ground hog squirell rifle (Savage 93G) in 22 mag and after bout 150 rounds with open sights I'm ready for an upgrade for my eyesight. I like Bushnell 3X9 scope but anybody have any suggestions??? Don't want to spend more that the rifle on this one. Thanks ahead of time.
  2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

3. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Member

Brian,

The Leupold is a great brand as I have heard nothing but good things about their line of scopes. I am not liking the $200+ price though. That is my only draw back on purchasing one of them. Hitting dirt rats at 150Yards is my goal so I may have to dig a lil like them to get that Leupold. I do have a Bushnell on my 223 that i could upgrade it and get something nicer and put it on my 22mag. I'm just not one to rush this purchase.
  4. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Active Member

Get the nikon. Why pay so much for all the other crap when you get the same quality and warranty and who has the best optics in the world starting with cameras? Nikon without question. Cant beat them. People are always bragging about leupold, weaver, burris and you can buy the nikon for alot less. Only maybe 3% to 5% light gathering difference but 98% of shooters dont have eyes that good to tell the difference. Take a nikon and compare against the others and most likely you will pick the nikon. I dont like cabelas but I think they have a $50 mail in rebate now on wither the 3x9x40 pro staff or buckmark. Maybe the rebate is good not shopping at cabelas. That would put the prostaff at about $110 plus app $20 for rings. Anyway Im ordering 4 nikons this week to mount for shooters.
    Chris
  5. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

We have been selling several Nikon's recently. There is currently a 50.00 rebate on three models. Just for example, a 4 X 32 fixed power rimfire right now is 99.75 plus tax and shipping---then a 50.00 rebate. There are two other models also but overall these are quickly getting hard to get because the "word" has gotten out on the rebates.
  6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Active Member

Stay with Leupold XV-III grade scope. That is the best scope that Leupold makes. Stay away from the Rifleman. JUNK as far as I'm concerned.
  7. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

You might want to look at the Burris FullField II 2x7. These can be had for around $150 and would work very well on your .22 mag. Nikon makes some very good scopes as well but just like the Leupolds, you will want something from the top of their line such as the Monarch and those are priced like the Leupold VXIII.

The thing about owning a good scope like the Leupold VXIII is that once you know how good they really are, you won't be satisfied with anything of lesser quality regardless of what you put it on. Its one of those things that is probably a 'man rule'.
  8. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Member

Having trouble finding anything other that PICATINNY scope mounts. I don't like that style. Any tips or locations??
  9. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Active Member

Leupold compact 6x.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.