1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scope Mounts for 870 for slugs???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Need a little advise from you slug hunters. One son-in-law traps & hunts hogs in Texas; close range and in the thickets, 100yds and in. He has an 870 and I have a rifled barrel that I came across in a trade. I will give him the barrel but thought that since Xmas was near and he is hard to buy for, the wife might give him a mount that replaces the receiver pins and fits alongside the receiver and the other daughter might throw in a red dot or low powered scope. Question: are these setups accorate enough to be useful? I know the barrel moves independant from the receiver and wonder what to expect.

ps. If you have daughters tell them often to please do not marry someone I don't like. Both of mine married men that I hold in very high regard. Life is good!!

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That type of setup works just fine. HMB

3. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

this set up is great for hog hunting or deer. The one thing I would add is high profile see through rings and have an adjustable comb installed, this helps with accurate shot placement. I have used this setup for 25 years or so. Merry Christmas FRAN

4. james25889

james25889 Member

i have this type of mount on my slug gun and works just fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.