1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

School Teacher you will never hear about.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jim Porter, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

We all hear about poor schools, teachers and administraitors. I agree, they are out there and something needs to be done. BUT there still some out there that have the kids best interest at heart. Let me tell you about one. What would you think about a teacher that had her child collapse from a siezure and die on the playground? What would you think if that teacher decided to go back to college for a degree in special ed because she thought she might help another child with a similar problem? How would you feel about a teacher who carried a special ed student to a Job Fair, because he wanted to go, knowing that he would have little chance of getting a job? How about that teacher carrying that student for a hair cut and some new clothes at her expense for the job fair? How about getting up early and joining the shcool trip of thirty or so kids with only one student of her own for a day and 120 mile trip in a school bus?
    Special lady huh?

How would you feel if that teacher was killed in a bus accident on the way home from that trip. That teacher was Mrs. Graham of Ackerman Mississippi and the world is not quite as good a place as it was last week. Please join us and pray for the families of the truck driver and two teachers families and also give thanks that none of the children were lost.

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Jim sorry to hear about the loss of such a caring teacher. There are many like her across the nation and we are a better place for their presence. Most of the teachers we have are teachers because of the difference they can make for those they teach. They certainly don't get into their field for the money or prestige. Dan

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I was a teacher and administrator for 30 years and I saw many of these kind of teachers...and a few of the other kind, too. Jack Farrow

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Really good teachers are worth their weight in gold. They should be treasured.

Poor performing and bad teachers need to be tossed out like yesterdays diapers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.