1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scheels/ Weaver rifle scopes

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kenf, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenf

kenf Active Member

Anybody ever bought one of the Weaver 4.5-14 AO scopes marked as a Scheels and sold in their stores with a warranty? How is the scope quality wise, and how is Scheels to deal with? They aren't here in PA and I'm looking at this scope on a rifle I want to buy and don't want to pay for something that will wind up collecting dust.

Thanks

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

It is a decent scope and since you have the opportunity to look through it on the gun you want you will know just what you are getting. Check the resolution you get with the higher magnifications on distant objects - if you are satisfied then buy it. If it is blurry at high magnification and you can't focus it then you might want to rethink the deal.

Scheels is a very good outfit to deal with in my experience and I shop their store in Sparks NV a few times per year. I would imagine the Weaver warranty would cover anything that might go wrong with the scope.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

And a good scope is clear right out to the edges of the field of view. If you've never seen one like that, take a look through a Nightforce. Good luck on your deal.

4. Chadshot

Chadshot Member

I had problems with mine holding zero, took it up there and they wanted to send it in to be looked at, they are supposed to just hand you a new one but the store in Lincoln Ne wouldn't do it. Sold it and won't go back to one. Friends have them and they like them for a low priced scope.

5. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Be aware that Weaver no longer services their scopes in-house. Service work is contracted out to an independent company. I have two but are both pre-'64. weaver always serviced mine and did a great job. No longer the case so be aware. If I were you, I'd run a google search on both Weaver and Scheels

milt

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

I tried searching Weaver and Scheels and nothing comes up. Best I can figure they are along the lines of a Bushnell XLT or something like that. THe downside is it is an internet sale, and I don't have a chance to look through the glass.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Didn't RCBS buy Weaver? Bulge.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The last I heard ATK owned Weaver, Simmons and Redfield along with other Companys including RCBS.

By the way I own 2 Scheels 4.5 x 14 side focus AO and 1 Weaver 2x7 rimfire scope. Good scopes and worth the money spent for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

scheels scope warranty

schells gun scopes