1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scary Thought

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by michshooter, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michshooter

michshooter TS Member

In Case You're not excited about Mitt Romney...

Columnist Andrew McCarthy on one of the most important issues in the upcoming presidential election…

Now that Mitt Romney has won the nomination, I will enthusiastically support his candidacy. For my friends who may have hesitation on that score, I’d just ask you to keep four things in mind:

1. Justice Scalia just turned 76.
    2. Justice Kennedy will be 76 later this month.
    3. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
    4. Justice Ginsburg turned 80 last March.

Whomever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one and maybe more new members of the Supreme Court — in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.

If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, you're not of this world.
    So for any of you who may be thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated -- or writing in a candidate who can't win -- just imagine this possibility:

'SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER'

Did that get your attention? I certainly hope so...

2. wayno

wayno TS Member

i normally consider the creation of or contribution to purely political threads in a forum like this to be a poor decision; however, since i am a lawyer of 43 years experience, and have had considerable "rubber to the road" interaction with the decisions of "conservative" and "liberal" appointees to the supreme court, i have decided to file an opinion in response to the original poster.

i will be concise:

if you value your individual rights, especially those directly connected with the prevention of government intrusions into your rights of privacy, and the protection of your person, home, and business, then you will pray that the justices appointed, whether by romney or obama, will be staunch supporters of the bill of rights. i have found that those judges are almost invariably tagged as "liberals" by the media, and especially by fox news.

in short, my advice is that those of you who abhor "big government" and harbor fears of your guns being torn from your cold, dead hands, is this: encourage the appointment of judges who will keep the police out of your bedrooms, and the tax agents out of your business.

a. wayne harrison
    greensboro, nc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.