Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scary Technology

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jim brown 
#1 ·
Interesting or scary . . .

A photo of a soft drink inside your house can give your exact location. With this technology, you really need to watch this short clip. Great technology for thieves and other bad people. Scary if you have kids, especially.

Apparently it applies only to cell phone and GPS enabled digital camera pictures.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7621105

#6 ·
I'm somewhat tech savvy, knew the technology existed but never thought about someone stalking me or my possessions that way.

If you watched the video, you know the tech is called GeoTagging, embedding geographical data (lat, long) int your digital image. Anywhere that image goes, the GeoTagging information goes.

I use an iPhone so I already knew I could disable location services to suspend GeoTagging data for that photo I take. Here's a link for iPhone directions and other smartphone varieties.

#8 ·
Rick--You are somewhat right although you need to define older. For instance IPhone has been out now for about 4 years now. So those even 4 year old phones are capable. Just say'n...............

Matt

#9 ·
"Looks like you need to cut/paste into your browser - worked for me"

No one needs to cut and paste if the poster enter the link into the Website URL box above the message window. Then everyone can just click.

Not entering the link in the proper place only make more work for everyone else. Why is everyone to lazy to put it where it belongs?????

Bob Lawless

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.