Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

scary crap

5K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Bvr Tail 
#1 ·
...read John Ross....

#4 ·
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMeDmV0ufU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMeDmV0ufU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#5 ·
NRA is our best defense on this as they are already organized.DONATE, DONATE. I am NRA Endowment and I still donate every month or so. Did you note it was not just handguns. Your semi-auto trap guns are gone. Do you want to leave what guns you have left locked up at a shooting club? No taking it home and petting and cleaning it. Lets keep this thread up front. JOIN OR DONATE NRA TODAY.

#8 ·
I agree with you Lobo. Not only have I been a member for many years I donate to the NRA and go to the NRA banquets. But there are many posters on this website (even this thread already) that don't belong but still bitch about pending gun laws and the destruction of our 2nd admemdment rights. These are the ones who let others do the work and pay the costs to fight the battle while they sit back and complain.

#9 ·
likes-to-shoot- I too have seen these people and I truely do not understand it.
The same people that have thousands of dollars in firearms but are too cheap to donate to the NRA? These people love their rights and shooting sports but do nothing to protect them.

I am not trying to criticize but please if you are a gun owner and do not contribute to the NRA please explain your though processes because I would really like to understand.

#10 ·
Potato....One excuse I've seen on here is that they don't like the mailings. I called the NRA and they took me off the mailing list except for when my dues are due. That's when I throw in a little extra.

The cheap can find some of the funniest excuses to let others pay the way. LOL

Same way with the ATA, they bitch and complain about rules and the way things are done but then come to find out they don't even belong. LOL At least belong to an organization before you criticize them.

#11 ·
On my stump again. What would it hurt to donate the value of you faverite trap gun, be it an 870 or an exotic to the NRA cause? This UN is serious. Bill and Hilary were some of the stongest proponents. Can't come to your backyard? Look at what China is saying now. Stay our of Tibet and Tiawan or we won't buy your paper.

#13 ·
A lot of anti-NRA folks I have talked to are squeamish about having their 'name & address' on an official record. To me they would likely fall into the same camp as the Loyalists during the American Revolution. They gambled and...lost all the while smiling and carrying on with their hard-fighting and sacrificing neighbors and relatives. Tisk.

#15 ·
I am going to stir things up.... but i am an avid hunter/shooter and i dont donate to the NRA. I have 3 boys, 2 are avid hunters/shooters. yes there are lots of excuses but the main one is i need the money to survive. I am a stay at home mom, i buy at garage sales, clearence, & don't eat out or take vacations. We live from paycheck to paycheck. the only job i do is clean my church,& we live 30 miles from the nearest gas station or grocery store. The money i earn from cleaning my church $40 a week, gets saved so the boys can trap shoot and hunt and emergancies (we have no health insurance). You can say i have many excuses, and i do, all very good ones. If we give to NRA then something else would have to go. We do not have satalite or cable tv. we do have internet, the kids have to have it for homework. we drive 9+ year old vehicles. Yes my husband has a blue collar job, Thank God! My freezer is full of wild game, i garden and can lots of veggies and make home cooked meals.
Please don't judge those that do not donate, when we have the extra money we will donate.

On another note, i am not happy about how many times they called my house. I do have caller id and they have called our house many, many times. One day they called 5 times. We told them we could not donate right now and they quit calling, but how much did they spend calling me every day (yes even Sunday) and getting my answering machine.

#16 ·
MAMA-
First of all, thank you for passing down the wonders of hunting and fishing to your children, too few parents do this anymore. Second, I do not think anyone was talking about people in your type of situation, you can't donate if you don't have it. Hopefully, when things become more stable, you will help support the people who fight for your rights to fill your freezer with wild game.

The people I was refering to are the people who have a safe full of guns yet are not NRA members. I simply do not see any good reason for this, if you take your guns seriously you should put your money where you mouth is, period.

#17 ·
Seems to me that the UN would be better served by focusing on banning 'Jihad'. More people are being systematically killed and maimed from well-thought out jihad bombers and associated terrorist activity than guns owned legally in the hands of private citizens or even, criminals. Fundamentalist Islam is strategically threatened by the inexorable and rapid global spread of internet, abortion and the homosexual mind-set and we might witness it's subsumption in our lifetime. As the Muslim world begins to be paved over to make way for Walmart & MacDonalds, more and more joe-six pack Muslims will discover the goodness and affordability of pleasure, excess and convenience. Fundamentalist Islam is being buried by 'progress' and Jihad is the their last-ditch Kamikazee effort to maintain the initiative. Ain't going to happen. The jihadists might as well try to bring down Amsterdam since some nations are adopting the rapidly spreading Amsterdamian way of life: legal gays, drugs, prostitution, etc. Just wait until the U.S. formally and officially adopts homosexuals serving in the military - the only other way to rile the extremist insurgents to the absolute edge is to have our bullets dipped in pork fat or worse. Witness the recent flap over the Trijicon weapon optics. "Oh My God" - pun intended.

Banning small arms might make sense on the African continent where wholesale slaughter of defenseless innocents occurs very frequently and then primarily with bona-fide military weapons in the hands of organized thugs, not sporting arms either stolen-from or wielded-by, private citizens.

The history books are being updated fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.