1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCAMMED BY CHIDDISTER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baber, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

Got Scammed by Lenny Chiddister.

Here is what happened... I was looking for some Wads. He said he had them but would only do business through a Wester Union Money Order. I sent the MO then the BS started....

1. He says he never received the money from MO but WU says someone by his name picked it up.

2. He said the wads were shipped but the carrier had an accident in New Youk. Chiddister lives in Texas and I live in Florida.

The only recourse is asking someone in the Houston area who might know this guy to gently remind him that its not nice to rip people off on TS.Com.

His address is 15531 Lago Vila Tomball, Tx 77377.

Any one know this guy?

Tom

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

NEVER NEVER NEVER use Western Union to do buisness with. That should have been a huge red flag right there. It is the preferred method of scammers. Actually, why would you use Western Union for anything anymore?

Good Luck!!

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

I just used them yesterday - not to wire money but for a Western Union money order. What is wrong with that?

Rich

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

WU states that he had to ID himself to pick up the money. I agree.... and will never use the service again. In that regard I do feel like a fool for allowing myself to be scammed.

Am just looking for someone to act as a 'GUIDO' to call on this guy and remind him of his responsibilities.

T

5. 87AA

87AA TS Member

Oh boy!

I just used Western Union to send a telegram to my uncle Bob in someplace called Montana. Now he may never know Pa is dying. Should have known it was a scam when he said it would be delivered by Saturday. How in the world could someone send, receive, and delivery a telegram that fast???

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I live near Tomball. I checked the 2009 ATA average book and found no one by that name shooting ATA targets and living in Texas. Have you talked to him on the phone or just on the internet?

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what happened. TBaber was scammed by someone on TS.com.

We need a little Texas justice. Some one know this guy???

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

...especially since telegrams are no available...

Jay

9. grntitan

What is his TS.COM user ID so we can watch for him??

10. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom has been on here a long time, and I don't think he wants or needs a lecture on Western Union. He knows he was scammed and is looking for a little help in the perps area. Jeez you guys! Harv

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Agreed with Shotshell

12. grntitan

What is his TS.COM user ID so we can watch for him??

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

I don't have a user ID or Phone # however his email islennychidister@ojooo.us

Its a small amount of money. Only $210.00 but we can not allow guys like this to scam TS.Com Members.

Tom

14. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Tom, did you see this thread?

15. chipking

chipking TS Member

Hate to ask but was not this the same name that was posted as a scammer right here on TS.Com not once but twice in the past month or so. Maybe a DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE stickey is in order for TS.com.

--- Chip King ---

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That is the same name of the scammer exposed a month or so ago. Email address was from Africa. Jon

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

No I did not see this thread. Since it did not reference Chiddister in the subject I did not spot it. The dates on the thread are a few days after I started communicating with Chiddister so it might not have helped. It appears from the WU data that he picked up the money in Texas. I have a fraud inquiry into to WU.

Tom

18. grntitan

Yep, i remember that now. Thought that name sounded familiar. He searches the WTB section and gets your email address and then caters his scam to your particular wants. Dammit these are scumbags.

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

It looks like a set up is in order. There needs to be a transaction to catch the accomplice. The address used is a legit address, but was probably just used for id. There needs to be a fake transaction setup so that there are authorities waiting for this person to pick up the funds, so they can beat the information out of them to get to the scammer in Nigeria.

20. Baber

Baber TS Member

One thing I have learned this morning that I wish someone had used his name in the subject when he first hit. I know I would have seen it and avoided being ripped off. There have been numerous hits in less than an hour because of the name.

I have tried to contact WU fraud division to see if they can help.

Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.