1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!!!!!!!!SCAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by levi1995, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levi1995

levi1995 TS Member

WELL FELLOW TRAPSHOOTERS BEWARE! I so thought i bought a gun stock off this very website and come to find out there is a scumbbag among us..... he is either raysal... or known as a llyod pinkerton from katy, TX. im sure you know llyod pinkerton and i hope its not the same guy that stole a 16 yr. old kids money. just thought id let you all know and beware of the scum. thanks and beware who your buying from there sneaky!!

2. levi1995

levi1995 TS Member

ya scumbag took my money and didnt give me anything back!

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What was his TS name? What type of stock did he advertise?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

From what I can gather, Levi is 16, so we can cut him a little slack on this one.

Without more details, no one on here can help you, and you can't help anyone else keep from getting scammed by the same person.

We need email addresses, TS.com sign-on name if available, address if available, and as many details as you can provide. What kind of time frame are we looking at, what sort of communication have you received if any from the seller, ect. The more details the better.

llyod pinkerton does not show up in the ATA database. Its very possible you were scammed by someone who was in no way associated with this site (or shooting period), and skimmed your email from one of your posts. This happened fairly recently to a well known member here.

If you can copy/paste your emails here, we can help you.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

found this address in whitepages...

6. levi1995

levi1995 TS Member

he is known as raysal when it poped up on my email his email showed up as raysal@zoho.com and then once i sended him the money his email changed to pinkertonllyod@ojooo.us and this all started monday he sent me an email all sounded legit gave him a money check through western union on wednsday and he sent me a fake tracking label but had no clue it was fake until today when i tried tracking it and the number was none existent....i called the katy city police and they said you could file a civil suit. by sending a letter of demand. he sent pictures everything it all looked good until i got the fake tracking number and western union couldn help either. i greatly appreciate all your help id like to find him or atleast get his name out so it doesnt happen to anyone else. thanks levi

7. levi1995

levi1995 TS Member

i even had my mom and dad and other family memebers look to they all said ya. looks and sounds legit.

8. gotbass

gotbass Member

If anyone wants Western Union payment the chances are nearly 100% that it is a scam. Even Western Union warns about it. Not a pleasant lesson, but one we can all learn from. If you are not aware of someone's reputation ask on here. I have done this before and always got the straight scoop.

9. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Never use Western Union!!!!

Oscar

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, the other scammer used a @ojooo.us email address.

As the previous posters stated, never, but NEVER use western union to send funds.

11. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

The good news is that our future seems to be in good hands! Tom Rhoads

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

doesnt sound like he got scammed to me, sounds like he let it happen. We all know better than to use western union and also know better than to deal with an unknown. Life can be cruel but lessons last forever

13. zachak42

zachak42 TS Member

So because he didnt know to not use western union yet someone took his money and didn't give him the item he was asking for it. Let's not be ignorant here he was scammed.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Always us the POST OFFICE to send payment to unknown people. Why? The PO will go after people who us them for fraud. It may be slower but you have the PO backing you. How much did you get taken for?

15. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he wasn't scammed by someone here, he was scammed by one of those Nigerian setups via email.

16. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

easy way to avoid getting scammed is to ask for picture! Western union and funny e-mail address are dead giveaways!

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Euro,

Read his other posts. He did get pictures and still got scammed. Pictures do not prove anything. I can show you a picture of a Ferarri inside and out but I don't own one.

18. 870

870 Well-Known Member

These guys just copy pictures and descriptions from real posts, so yeah, pictures don't help. Seems to me the warning sign is the poor English that is usually used; that and they don't know what they are talking about if you ask questions.

19. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I would bet that it was the same person that was trying to scam on here earlier. I remember David had traced his email to I beleive Nigeria. Remember he used a actual persons name,(Lenny Chiddister)in Tomball Texas. His email was lennychidister@ojooo.us. Emails ending in ojooo.us are dead giveaway, no pun intended. These are emails they sent me when I was looking for a release hook for my KS-5.

Hello Jon

I will like you to know that I have your requested item (good release trigger system for a KS-5) in an excellent working and physical condition. So do get back to me if you are still interested in getting it,so we can strike a deal.

Waiting to read back from you soonest.

Thanks

Lenny

I have a (Release hook for a KS-5 ) for sale in good working condition . ( Works perfectly ) Mine is an attractive unit that's not all scratched up.. I am willing to arrange a pick up of the item.In fact, this is preferable to avoid any damage in shipping get back to me if you are still interested in buying Thanks Lenny

#3 Here I was looking for a 30" barrel for my 870.

I have a (Update: 870 Express 30 ) for sale in good working condition . ( Works perfectly ) Mine is an attractive unit that's not all scratched up.. I am willing to arrange a pick up of the item.In fact, this is preferable to avoid any damage in shipping get back to me if you are still interested in buying Thanks Lenny

If this does not come of to you as a scam, you are about to learn an expensive and very aggravating lesson. Western Union is what scammers use for the tranfer of funds. Can't be traced, and it can be sent anywhere. DO NOT EVER USE WESTERN UNION IN A INTERNET TRANSACTION! Jon

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

At 16 it is easy to be taken. It's too bad there are people like that in the world, but you learn as you go. Some lessons are much harder than others.

In this case you are out some money, but you didn't get assaulted or hurt or tricked into helping someone commit a crime.

In the future the good folks here will be happy to help you with advice on how to protect yourself.

Sorry and good luck in the future.

HM