1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

scam?????????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hangn7, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

In Looking for a bt99 micro plus I was contacted by personal email. Whats your experience with Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram? Any protection there? Do all centerfire guns ship have to go FFL to FFL? Was given several pictures that included one of a remington pump 22. Also a partial serial no. 6520xxNY669. Price is a little better than I expected it to be. What is your gut telling you. Thanks mark Peterson
  2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

CYA,, you pic a FFL in his area for him to bring to for inspection and shipping,, if any objections,,,be warned
  3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Better Price than expected and Western Union---CYA but it sounds like the first signs of a scam to me. I have been wrong before on this but as i said CYA!!!!

Chuck
  4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Run, Faster. Never ever do business with anyone requiring western union payment. Jackie B.
  5. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

thank you, My gut says the same. It also has an extra number in the serial number if i am reading it right. Thank to to all. Mark
  6. Barrelbulge(Pa)

Barrelbulge(Pa) Well-Known Member

You don.t need that gun. You'll find another. Be patient. Mike.
  7. JACK

JACK Active Member

8. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

Kristi Jarret, who would have thought it. Thanks again to all, mark peterson
  9. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

A lot of scams out there play to one's tendency to get a "good" deal. The warning flags are a clue to slow the deal way way down.
  10. steele

steele TS Member

Where is she located? Florida by chance?
  11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

Personally I only accept Postal US Mail Money orders, I get the money order then ship item.

If buying have him ship to your FFL for inspection. or have your FFL dealer inspect it before sending your money order.

I have accepted Postal M.O. from ts.com and sent item pending them sending me the Postal M.O.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot
  12. Ajax

Ajax Active Member

If you put your e-mail on this site(and most others) the scammers pick it up and taylor make an item you are looking for. Then, they make it a great price hoping a person just might take the chance.

Ajax
  13. HSLDS

HSLDS Active Member

If its Western Union its a SCAM

call 1-800-runlikehell
  14. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Active Member

Remove your email address from the automatic posting inclusion. Never send money Western Union! Ask for a phone number to talk to the individual personally if you have any doubts. If the return email address ends in @o.jooo.us. That is a dead giveaway it is a scam. Pictures of other guns, than what you asked for. Descriptions of the gun are, have what you are looking for in perfect working order. Usually they do not make sense with the English language. Just a few hints it is a scam. Jon
  15. stokinpls

stokinpls Active Member

Don't forget to use your real name to help them out even more. ;-)
  16. romie

romie Member

FRIENDRemove your email address from the automatic posting inclusion. Never send money Western Union! Ask for a phone number to talk to the individual personally if you have any doubts. If the return email address ends in @o.jooo.us. That is a dead giveaway it is a scam. Pictures of other guns, than what you asked for. Descriptions of the gun are, have what you are looking for in perfect working order. Usually they do not make sense with the English language. Just a few hints it is a scam. Jon

like he said call him get his NO# where does he liveIf your want to be 100%sure make the M.O to an FFL
  17. ky4some

ky4some Member

hangn7 - sent you a PM

Mike Kamer
  18. Lawman214

Lawman214 TS Member

Western Union = Immediate red flag. Once you hand your money over to a WU clerk, it is gone forever. Maybe it will get to an honest person on the other end, but chances are it won't. Plus, just because you send money to a name in a certain city does not mean that is where the recipient really is. Money can be picked up at any WU location. All the receiving party has to know is the name and destination of the funds. Nearly impossible to track down. That is why WU is the preferred weapon of scammers. The police would not be much help if you get scammed, either. Too many jurisdictions involved. The feds won't touch it, as it wouldn't meet their monetary threshhold. Keep your money, and wait for a legit deal.

Mark B.