1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCAM ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by j2jake, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

What do you think Guys? Scam or no. I think I can smell it from here. Jake

"Thanks for the mail, I will issue you certified cashier check or money order, please note that it will cover up all the shipping and handling expenses. All you need to do is to deduct your price and have the remaining funds send to the shipping agent information which I'll provide to you as soon as you confirm my payment receive via western union money transfer. They will come to your place for the pick up arrangement immediately they receive the funds.However, am going on a vacation to South America and I will like to mail of the payment before I take my leave. So kindly get back to me the full name and contact address you want the payment to be mail. I’ll urge you to turn down any other interesting buyer's that it sold, as am offering you additional $50 for that till you receive the payment. Looking forward to read from you ASAP."

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

120% Scam....no doubt about it.

3. jlb

jlb Member

In our case the next response was "oh my my secretary sent you a check for $1750, please keep $ 200 for the cook top and wire the remainder to me at".....

Scam and it takes forever to get to the bite.

jlb

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

It all sound perfectly legit, it's what every buyer does in Nigeria.

5. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

No scam at all. When thats all taken care of shoot me a PM, I have a bridge for sale. Real cheap.

6. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I don't know Jake. When someone has the command of the English language like this person does I think it might be legit!! ......Uncle Sam, Pa.

7. HC_John

HC_John TS Member

I see three flags.

1. Bad grammer.
    2. Western Union.
    3. Send some money.

I never trust anything with either of the last 2 in them and they usualy accompany the first.

Just my .02

John MI

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hey now.....that's a perfect example of the grammar and sentence structure taught in government schools. He's sounds like a granulate of hi skool.

I'd tell him DEAL ON! But insist on CASH only up front from him.

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

This is a popular "new" scam. I have been solicited twice on things I put on E-Bay. I even received a Fed-Ex with a certified check in it. You would think that it would be legit if someone went to the trouble and expense of doing that but that is what they are betting on - that you believe it gives them credibility and could not be a scam! Oftentimes thay are clever in NOT using the US Mail and having you send the "proceeds" in-state to avoid additional penalties if caught.

I called the police in the locale they asked me to send the money to and they thanked me for my call and said they were closing in on the scammers.

10. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

My daughter had a horse for sale on the internet and I bet we got 20 or more emails almost exactly like this. Most were the exact same wording, all they did was replace one word Horse versus Car versus ????. Some even said Car and we got one that even said (insert item here) instead of Horse. Sometimes we started getting these emails 30 minutes after doing the post.

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

This is normal with Craigslist which is why some sellers say they will only respond to phone calls.