1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam using IRS to obtain social security numb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dhwbailey, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I received this email today. I suspect it is a scam because I am a Canadian and don't have anything to do with the IRS. The link takes you to a form which asks for your social security number as well as a credit card number. Somebody might want to alert the IRS that they are being used to scam US citizens.

=====

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of $268.32. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it.

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

To access the form for your tax refund, please click here

Regards,
    Internal Revenue Service

© Copyright 2007, Internal Revenue Service U.S.A. All rights reserved.

-------------------------

2. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have been getting similar e-mails for several weeks. One of the statements in the e-mail that raised concerns was "A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline."

I just keep hitting delete....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.