1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCAM-SCAM!!!!!!!Watch Out

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by joe90t, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I Am putting This Here Because This Is where I POST EveryThing!!!Never Been To England And Do Not Plan On Going. YES CAPITAL LETTERS If You receive an E-Mail Asking For Money Please ignore It (Most would anyway) Joe W.

2. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

0   0   0

I got one as well. HAHA my thought was he can sell another gun.

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

0   0   0

Similar situation. Mine was a Buick salesman in Michigan that I had contacted on the internet. Ron

4. bubbaw

bubbaw Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Joe, How is your pistol wipped head feeling this morning???? I got the scam email also.

William

5. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

I also got it! Looks like any body you have communicated with recently will get it. I would try to let each person know as best you can! Anyone that says to use Western Union is a big flag! Jon

6. spritc

spritc Active Member

0   0   0

I received one as well.

7. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I RECIEVED ONE AND IT WAS ABOUT MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR D U H

8. ltctpu

ltctpu Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I RECEIVED one as well....at least I'm in with Good Company!!

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I AM Very sorry Everyone Is Receiving this "Crap". I called my contact in Chicago @ La Costra Nostra and Luca Brazi & Vinnie "The Snake" are going to TAKE CARE of the $ss$ole that hacked my E-Mail!!! Joe W.

10. moose!!!

moose!!! Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This happened to me several years ago it was sent from my cousin and it was everyone in her email address book was who received the email. I was not fooled but some folks would be if it were from the right person. Id like to catch the (*&%$^& sending them.

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Was it a hotmail acct? All of the scammer emails I've received from my "friends" , were email accts my true friends have/had through hotmail.

Doug

12. MACH4RANDY

MACH4RANDY Member

0   0   0

GOT ONE THIS AM
    THOUGHT THAT 90t THING WAS FAMILIAR
    KNEW IT WAS A SCAM

13. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

0   0   0

I get them saying I have all kinds of cash waiting for me somewhere , I just send it to my spam section of my computer and then once it is spammed I delete it they are unreal.

14. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I Hope When this Dude Or Dudette goes Home their MOTHER runs out from under the Porch and Rips off Their LEG!!!!!! Joe W.

15. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Doug (GunDr) it was just my E-Mail Account That Was hacked. Joe W.

16. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

It happened to another TS.comer a while back. Llano Bill's email was hacked and sent out similar emails.

ss

17. Bobby 47

Bobby 47 TS Member

0   0   0

Hey Joe its cosa nostra and Luca Brazzi(just like Perazzi) and i think Vinnie is running the whole scam! :)

18. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bobby47, I am So old I Am doing good to just Remember seeing that movie. As far as spelling Mine has Always sucked but, thanks for putting me on the right track. Regards Joe W.

19. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

to the OP: someone probably "spoofed" your email address and not necessarily hacked into your account. Also, if you clicked on any unsuspecting links in any emails you received, these links could have contained malware or other software applications to retrieve your email contact list or list of individuals you have emailed in the past (most email programs "save" the email addresses of people you emailed in the past.

Read more on the link above. Although this is from the google Gmail email page, it applies to any other email program as well.

My advice: don't post your email address on public forums. Spammers/spoofers collect emails addresses from all over the web.

20. goony

goony Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I got one and sent a response telling them that if they sent me $6500.00 I would return $1500.00 to them. They could either send it Western Union or deliver it in person,I never got a response back.