1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

scam on guns america

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sidelock, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidelock

sidelock TS Member

Here is an e mail I sent to guns america.

item #941453201 on your site is being used for a scam. Here is the story as it developed for me.I had a friend call me this AM all excited about item #941453201 on Guns America. You can see its a model 21 pigeon grade that Winchester made 37 of total, in 28ga maybe 2.
    Any way the seller was contacted and was offered two options: 1) buyer will send wire the cash to a FFl dealer 2 miles from his home and he could collect it and leave the gun with the dealer. He turned that down. 2) There would be someone show up in about 3 hours with the cash and he could hand over the gun. He couldn"t do that either. The reasoning for both he had to be the one shipping it with overnight Fedex the next day after he had the money in hand!!!
    Lets see!!! a $ 46000 gunfor $4600gun smells funny and was funny beware. of Guns America item 941453201.I wonder where he got the photo's and info on the gun??

FYI
    John McClure

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

A scam like this has been on Craig's list for tractors. I wrote the seller and asked where he was located. He was about 40 miles away. I told him I would be right down with the money. Oh no, the tractor was with a shipping company and he couldn't get to it, I had to send the money. What a Crock. He had a nice picture of the tractor.

Ajax

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Last night, the gun was still on GA. What's up with that?

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I doubt gunsamerica will do anything about it. They are only concerned that they get their share of the seller's fees and nothing illegal, that is defined in their "rules and regulations" is being sold, bought or traded on their website.

How the deal is made and how the transaction is completed, they dont care....they are a middle man. They could care less if some seller is selling a $46000 gun for $4600.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I looked it up and it is a Winchester Replica of a Model 21 28 Ga Pigeon,

It is listed as a REPLICA

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have seen the same thing on Craigslist Ajax, I even used the same line and asked for an address. I'm in Va and the NEW John Deere tractor was under $5000.00 in FL. He gave me an address and I EarthGoogled it and it came up in the middle of a city. No farm. I also found out later that if its under $5000.00 the law says its not worth going after. They know that and are will to do such scams.

I played te guy along and yanked his chain till I knew it was a scam and then told him to kiss off.

8. Dr.Longshot

I got more info on the gun.

There is a company in New England that makes them. American Arms? maybe

You may want to call him.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Dr.Longshot, I think the company is Connecticut shotgun Mfg. owned by Tony Galazan. P.S. the firing pin was mailed.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

The # posted does not come up on GA. Either incorrect # or they pulled it.

11. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

item is pulled replica price is 18,000 plus

12. Dr.Longshot

They pulled it off GA, he called me a few minutes ago and wanted me to send him my copy of FFL Dealer, I said I would drive to Indiana and give him $5,000 for the gun, hand him the cash get a reciept, and a copy of his drivers license and the gun, He said I don't do things that way, I told him for that amount of money I needed to do it person to person, I got his phone number and he is a foreigner, his phone number is 219-262-3413 sounded like a Rug Head, Iraqi.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.