1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam Internet Company ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Goozer, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goozer

Goozer TS Member

Has anyone ever done business with a Co. called Moutain Ridge Araments ? Last week I ordered a die set and my credit card was charged three times . There is no phone number on their website . The e-mail they list does not work . The cutomer counter shows anywhere from 4,000-7,000 customers on line at one time .I can find very little information about this company . I called a local distributor in IA where this company is located and they stated that a man named Clint who is associated with this company has not ordered from them in over a year . They gave me a phone number and over a two day period I made 4-6 attempts and left numerous messages . The other number I found for this business is a waterproffing business . I have got the bank involved and local law enforcement has been contacted . No e-mail conformation after my order either ?

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

A quick search shows them in Dubuque, IA.

Their web site and Facebook pages suggest they are an active company, and from the complexity of the web site I would be surprised if it were a scam site.

It is the Christmas/New Years week so you might be dealing with scheduled closure as well.

Can't explain the tripple billing, but often there is extra help hired during the holidays and incompetence or thievery can occur.

Remain vigilant.