1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam Alert

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chemist, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chemist

chemist Member

Tried to buy a DT 10 combo off of Guns america-they switched to a fake GA site (where the correspondence looked legit) when I hit buy key- person selling Beverley Piancone, Virginia telephone that goes to a voice mail. all email with the site looked real- only after having a more knowledable person show me the Internet Detail part of the email did I see the hoax-Have emailed GA but no reply, and also FBI, postmaster and Va police dept when money was wired.- DO NOT BITE ON THIS OFFER - old adage- no fool like an old fool really applies- also my greed ( low price), entitlement( I worked hard and deserve this newe toy) and stupidity( self explanatory) could be used to describe my actions -against the advice of others I did it anyway- hope this helps others - humbled in New Jersey. Also never use MoneyGram.

2. chemist

chemist Member

sure- no further embarr"ass"ment- 1600

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

221.Said well. Chemist. Holler next time you get the urge. I'll get you fixed up right. Adn too, the scam that chemist went for is probabley the most popular on GA right now. You cna be assured that you actually get a gun as long asyou make arrangements (for a significant fee) for a FFL in the persons area. It iwll take a bit of effeor th on your part, but it will usually flush out the scam prior to money being sent.

Jack

4. nevin

nevin TS Member

CHEMIST, I had an attemt to pass a fake money order "certified" from c-list, and just got a gun from a seller that went MIA for about 4 weeks on an AA Auction. Buyer be very carefull! I almost know how you feel.
    Nevin

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I am pretty sure it's true. I saw the ad on Gun's America and before I would commit any funds I left a voice mail requesting a call back . AND yes at the price it was real tempting.

--- Chip King ---

6. chemist

chemist Member

no reason to bs the site- just trying to offer up a warning- there have been others on the site when I first came on two years ago who had been taken- I had talked with an FFL holder and he warned me, but like I said, my motives were my undoing- funny but that day my horroscope warned me of my attention to material things and that I needed to be alone and get my priorities straight- a quality education can be expensive- GA got back to me as well as the IC3 site- I am not alone - thanks for the input and I forgot to put my ID in the strand when I first posted it. I only blame my missing targets on others near me, not a personal screw up like this- that was humor

rich kaplan
    RichMKap@aol.com

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Nevin makes a point everyone should be aware of. When you buy a USPS MO it is good for the value printed on the MO. When you recv a USPS MO it may be a forgery. I have yet to see one, but my bank advises me all the time that the funds to your account are in limbo till a period of time elapses. So if you dealing with someothing of real value (high-end gun i.e.) I suggest you link up the two banks for wire transfer once you hve the item secured in a FFL safe house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.