1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Scam Alert???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Just got a phone call soliciting funds for the "coming Presidential election" asking me to support their fundraising efforts. What was unique it was from the "INTERNational Rifle Association"! Note the INTERNATIONAL title.

Since I have never heard of any INTERNATIONAL Rifle Association, my thought is some scammer trying to get money, either for himself or some political group that does not want to truly identify who they are.

My listening time to his spiel was about two seconds after he said INTERNATIONAL Rifle Association. Then it was a very quick Goodby.

When I did a Google check of the number, several people had posted that it was the National Rifle Association so either, if it is the actual true NRA then they hired some phone jockey who doesn't even know who he is supposed to be working for or, as some others had posted, it might be a scammer trying to get money by getting people who did not listen to what he actually said but only reacted to what they THOUGHT he said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.