1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SCALES AND LOADERS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have noticed that.....I have found many loaders, parts, componants ect ect at great deals. I need to ask. Where are all the scales? So far I have found,bought,sold, traded about 20 loaders. Not one scale???? hmmm. Think alot of shooters are going by bushing charts?

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

never trust a bushing chart,my loaders are on rock solid benches and charts are no where close. i think once someone gets a scale they trust,they hang on to them.

bill

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I still have the same scale I bought 30+ years ago. Then upgraded to a electronic Dillon about 12 years ago. Why sell them? They both still work great. I never trusted a bushing chart or a bushing.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I quess what im asking is, when you find a loader for sale there is never a scale with it or offered? Where do they go?

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's a few.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I believe that the majority of reloaders don't measure with a scale. I know I did not until about 5 years ago, just went by the book. I will never do that again after using a scale but I think it happens a lot

7. 682b

682b Member

I always use a scale(single beam) over the years I have never needed to sell one. I have used a number of loaders and have 7 that I use now. If I were to not use a scale when setting up a load I think my Dad would come back and slap me around some. If you load for the 12ga you have some leeway one way or the other but not when you load for metallic cases. Your mileage may vary but if you blow one up because you did not weight your load you are just plain DUMB. Jim, in the back woods of Virginia.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have a 5 0 5 and one of the cheap digital scales offered on eBay (digiwiegh)? I am surprised by the accuracy of the digital. I have a spent primer I had weighed at the pharmacy 14grains. both my 505 and digital weigh in. The digital is sensitive to air movement. I uase it for quick checks. If something is off I go to the 505. Its just that I have come across and bought many loaders in the past 3 years and not one scale was presented with any of them? For the prices the used scales are getting on ebay. I would buy new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.