1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying Something Nice About Briley

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esetter, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

A while back I listed on this site about a problem I was having with my ASE90 after Briley fitted the gun with sub-gauge tubes and adjusted the trigger so it would function with the 410 shells.

To make a long story kind of short, I had to send it back to them 6 times and the gun still wouldn't fire the first barrel of any gauge, so I decided enough was enough and I sent the gun to Cole's. Cole's worked on the triggers and say they found the problem and the gun has been working for the past two weeks. I sent all the shipping bills and the cost of Cole's work with a letter to Briley and yesterday received a phone call saying that they were going to pay for all the repairs and shipping. I thought this was a very classy thing for them to do and I wanted to let everyone know how they handled this situation. Even though they were never able to fix the problem they created, they were big enough to admit their mistake and try to make things right. That is the way business should work. I would do business with them again.

2. BMC

BMC Member

A couple of years ago, not long after buying my BT-100 I purchased one of the Briley barrel weights that clamps around the barrel in front of the forearm. Its the one that sits flush up against the barrel. Following the instructions on how to properly install it. In the middle of the first event I shot with it attached, about half way through I noticed it was sliding up the barrel. Before the next round I "re-installed" it and made sure it was good and tight. By the end of the next two rounds it had slide up about three inches, and the gasket has pushed out all sides while the metal edges gouged the sides of my once pristine barrel. Needless to say I was pissed!
    I took photos of it before and the barrel after taking it off. I called Briley customer service and explained the situation and offered to send them the pictures so they could verify I was giving accurate information. The guy said they would fix it, just send the barrel and they would take out the gouges and re-blue the barrel. I did and about two weeks later recieved the barrel back fixed and reblued just as they said they would do - at no charge.

While the re-blue job wasn't as pristine and nice as original, it is good enough that no one would notice. I wouldn't recommend them for re-bluing jobs, but I certain am very appreciative for their outstanding customer service.

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

It's one thing to have Customer Service correct workmanship defects, but they shouldn't have to!

AndyH :-/

4. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

A friend at our club fired a round behind a stuck wad and split the lower barrel of a Winchester 101 28 gauge. He contacted Briley and they said they could fix it.
    After a long wait and a lot of money (over $1100), he recieved the gun and you could not push a new shell in the lower chamber and they removed all the jeweling from the barrel block. He sent it back to them, waited another lengthy period of time, and just got it back.
    You still cannot put a round in the lower barrel and if you look down the rib it is so crooked that the mid bead is on the right side of the front sight, bowed at least 1/16 inch. The jeweling is OK, the barrel and side plate looks like they are fitted well, blueing is good.
    He is very frustrated to say the least. He plans on writing a letter to the head of Briley, whom ever that is.
    For a company that has a good reputation, their work is really poor.
    I will let you know if he finially gets it fixed. Bob

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Briley fitted thin-walls to my Superposed in 2000... did a great job and made my 30" Lightning Broadway Trap a much more versatile firearm. Their job was flawless and the communication was terrific.

Glad you got satisfaction - stand up outfit.

regards to all,

Jay

6. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

The one I wrote was not BS, every word of it is true. I saw the Winchester before it was damaged and have seen it both times it came back from Briley.
    Opening up the chamber will be easy, straightening out the rib and barrels will not be.Bob

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've had Briley do tons of work on many guns for cutomers, including many of my own. In fact, my new MX14 was shipped directly to Briley even before I touched it.

They are professionals in all things I've had done with them and Gary Singer is easy to get to and talk to.

Whiz White

8. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

BS ? Kolar put new triggers in Citori, would not work. Sent back and forth more than once still would not work. They fianlly put the factory triiger back in and it went back to working.

Sometimes things just do not work out.

Surely Kolar is smart enough to install a trigger, but it happens.

Take care,

Jim

9. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Have their tubes in EVERY gun I shoot, and could not be more pleased..........

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have been shooting bullets out of my MX3 all summer. Orig FC bbl at .725/.040. Tired of missing and sent bbl in to them and they will have it tomorrow (Monday). Installing a flush (so you cannot see the choke) .020/.025/.030 chokes. I have their chokes in my TMX..030 and it works velly nice.

Pretty happy with the gun, but am angling fo ra new CG. At 4000 targets a year, in S and H, I will likely be quite happy. The MX3

[​IMG]

The CG I'm angling for

[​IMG]

11. esetter

esetter Active Member

Final note, received the check from Briley today covering all the work and shipping that Cole did to my gun. They are a good company with morals, and that is a hard thing to find today. I would not be afraid to use them again for anything. Gerry Addison

12. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Very pricey work.....if one does his homework, one can find similar quality for a lot less money!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.