1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying it as it is.......Why Obama will lose

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bluzman98, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Interesting Article/Commentary

Jim C

Why Obama will lose

David Deming
    The Edmond Sun

EDMOND — When Benjamin Franklin was dispatched to France as ambassador of the United States in 1776, he won the hearts of the French through his authenticity. Rather than take on an affected and phony continental style, Franklin eschewed the powdered wig of the European gentleman and donned the fur cap of an American frontiersman. Original genius and polymath, Franklin understood that the French would see through any false pretension but respect an authenticity that sprang from an unpretentious and naive love of country.

What a contrast there is between Franklin and Barack Obama. Obama is a Harvard lawyer who is a mile wide and an inch deep. He is only the latest in a long line of shallow elites that consider it stylish and intellectual to despise their own culture and heritage.

Nothing exemplifies Obama’s antipathy for American culture better than his statement that Americans “cling to” religion and guns out of frustration or bitterness. We only can suppose that Obama regards religion or firearms as aberrations that need to be eradicated.

Of course, both guns and religion are essential aspects of American culture. The United States was founded by people seeking religious freedom. Does the word “Pilgrim” ring a bell with anyone? Our freedom and the right to self-government were won by farmers with guns.

The American Revolution started when the British marched to Concord with the intention of confiscating colonial arms. Both the right to “keep and bear arms,” and the right to “free exercise” of religion are enshrined in the Bill of Rights. We have come a long way when the presidential nominee of a major political party regards the exercise of fundamental rights as a mental aberration.

When Obama refers to “my Muslim faith,” the verbal gaffe resonates as a Freudian slip because of Obama’s thinly veiled hatred for this country’s unique culture and institutions. Obama sat for 20 years in a church where the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr preached “goddamn America.” He only resigned from the congregation when it became politically expedient to do so. When earlier this year, Michelle Obama said “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” can we conclude that her husband disagrees? Is it not remarkable that Michelle Obama can be so small-minded as to find nothing in the history of the United States that merits her admiration but the personal success of her husband?

What is Barack Obama for? His campaign motto is “change.” But even a 6-year-old child understands that “change” can be either good or bad. Lacking specifics, the invocation of “change” as policy is completely empty. As we witness Obama’s minions mindlessly endorse the meaningless maxim of “change,” it only can call to mind the barnyard animals in George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” chanting “four legs good, two legs bad!”

The choice of Sarah Palin as John McCain’s running mate has been devastating for the Obama campaign precisely because she is everything Obama is not. Palin is not ashamed of her culture or country. She is not embarrassed by being an American, but naively embraces her birthright. Unassisted by affirmative action, Palin has risen to national prominence on the basis of her character, intelligence and natural gifts. In a word, she has guts. This is a woman who is proud of her country, not because it has granted her personal success, but because she respects what America stands for: freedom, opportunity, and individualism.

Obama is a vapid demagogue, a hollow man that despises American culture. He is ill-suited to be president of the United States. As the weeks pass, more Americans will come to this realization and elect McCain/Palin in a landslide.

DAVID DEMING is an associate professor of Arts and Sciences at the University of Oklahoma, but his opinions do not necessarily represent those of the university.

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I would love to believe that the American voter is capable of discerning the difference between style and substance - but I don't. Barack was nominated by millions of Americans and millions more will vote for him in the general election, just as millions voted for the frauds Gore and Kerry. I don't get the "hate America" feelings that run through so many "Americans". To quote Thomas Jefferson, "The masses are asses", and they just might win!

Hide your guns and your wallets!

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

If Obama wins (and that's a real possibility) the Dem's will pick up between 10 - 20 extra seats in the legislature....which means:

1 - Higher taxes for all above $50K per year.

2 - 25% - 40% increase in Entitlement Programs

3 - Decimation of the Military as we know it.

4 - Elimination of Gun Shows as we know them.

5 - Ban of many types of ammunition (especially alleged military types)

6 - Bans on most auto-loading firearms.

Ok, ok...I could go on for hours....but you guys and gals get the idea...

Within the next year (if dem's are elected) it'll behove all of us to purchase what guns and ammo we want, it's going to be alot more difficult later on.

Curt (and I do like 7-1/2's)

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

5. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

<a href="http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z292/trapdaddy/?action=view&current=SPFairWarning.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

The writer makes excellent points but those points are rarely if ever mentioned by the conservative side. Same with the fact that the Democratic congress has one of the lowest approval ratings in history...blame everything on Bush and the Republicans...never mention congress being at fault. McCain needs to hire Shawn Hannity or JBROOKS for his head speech writer. Wake up John!!! Time is running out.

milt

7. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

The plain a clear reason, if he is not elected, is racism. Unfortunately, racism is still a huge part of America. Typically with the older generation(s), however it is evident all around, including a lot on this site. Racism is a shameful thing that America has, thankfully it is dying out with age.
    -Trappy

8. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

obama's skin color has nothing to do with why I won't vote for him.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Trappy, quit parroting crap from your liberal social studies teacher.

If you must say stupid things, dream them up yourself.

HM

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

That's my opinion as well ESMDHokie. His phony recent rhetoric is pro-Second Amendment, but his deeds are anti-Second Amendment to the extreme. The guy is dishonest. He can not escape his past.

Also, there are a whole host of skeletons in his closet, that are just starting to come to light, and will come to light, shortly.

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Trappy, then why are there black people that won't vote for him? I know several...

12. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

He will loose because we are not that stupid. Politico's think we are but they are wrong. I have faith in the American people --- at least enough of them to not let this happen.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Recurvy, I think what you actually meant was..."I know all five of them."

An exaggeration, of course...but the "black vote in America" has historically proven itself to be monolithic to the 95% confidence interval. Your acquaintances, whom I'd bet are sparkingly interesting individuals, are nonetheless what we call the "tail end of the curve."

14. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Clearly, because what I said was not to be taken to the extreme of "well that is the only reason he will not be elected." Well I do believe he will be elected, as I support him. Obviously, anyone who supports McCain better believe that he will be elected as well. No sense supporting a lost cause. (Don't want to hear it about Obama being a lost cause, check the score board) There are other reasons that one would not vote for him, obviously, though for those who are on the fence, the color of his skin may definitely be a factor. Unless anyone is willing to admit that there is no racism in this country.
    halfmile, those are from previous days when all the draft-dodgers became teachers. Well, they are retired now.
    -Trappy

15. TC

TC TS Member

Obama is not an "African-American", he is a "Arab-American".

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  17. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

When I was of and age to sign up for a political party, MY dad Went to great lenghts to expalain why I should chose the DEM, party.

At thet time and in the 30 years since then, the DEM party was and has moved away from the princapels my dad exspressed!

I try to vote for the candiate that I think will best be a person that would enbody what my dad argued for back then.

AND THEN I AM FORCED TO IN THE PAST, SAME AS NOW TO VOTE, republican to get such a person that fits the billing!

IN the coming election, across the hole party spectrum, from city and county office to national level,

my take is the parties are conpaigning pretty much this way .

The DEM ads: Vote for me BECAUSE, (my take is these are all lies) I have done Done DONE these things!!!!!!!!!! AND will do even MORE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the REPub's, for the most are, Vote for me because I am who I am.

So now my choice is to vote a self proven LIAR! into office to promote more lies! or take my chance with someone that is saying this is who(m) I am and were I stand.

Has any one pinned down BARAK, on what the CHANGE will be?

So don't vote the lie, vote the person(s)

and that do me is Mccain (Palin)

AL

18. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

19. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Big Az Al, I had the same situation. Dad was a farmer. All farmers voted Dem. in our area. Over the years, things have changed. They are no longer the party for the "little guy", it is all about power. They have bought off the big labor smucks. They are a "give away" party, catering to votes, thus obviously pushing "party" before "country". In 2020-2030, when Social security, Medicare/Medicade, and national debt catch up, this country is screwed unless we get back to everyone being responsible not only for themselves, but their family, including their kids and their grandparents. Capitalism will only survive and prosper if the government lets the economy survive on it's own competitive nature and keep their damn fingers out of it.

20. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

If Obama was white, with his lack of depth, he could not run for dog catcher,let alone get elected. TheFew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.