1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Say what????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by rpeerless, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Excerpt from O's debate response regarding AK-47's, but is O stressed or showing signs of mental illness when you look at his unbelieveable, incoherent sentence structure especially the sentence that begins, "They're using cheap handguns..."??????????? Say what? RP

PRESIDENT OBAMA:

..." We’ve done a much better job in terms re your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theatres don’t belong on our streets and so what I’m trying to do is get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally, part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced but part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence because frankly in my home town of Chicago there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47’s. They’re using cheap handguns and so what can we do to intervene to make sure that young people have opportunity that our schools are working that if there’s violence on the streets that working with faith groups and law enforcement we can catch it before it gets out of control so what I want is uh, is a comprehensive strategy part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill but part of it is also going deeper and seeing if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur.”

Read more: http://clashdaily.com/2012/10/obama-and-your-guns-his-words-from-the-hofstra-debate/#ixzz2ApWk0rKU
    Get more Clash on ClashDaily.com, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Summary / interpretation of the President's statement:

I.

Will.

Ban.

Guns.

3. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Professor blowhard will soon show up to tell you how wrong you are.

4. 548

548 Guest

At least his foreign policy involves more than looking out his kitchen window.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Blowhard?

Galtie. Please try and keep it civil. Don't you have any "impartial" sources to cite, to support your views?

Like, you know...NPR, or something?

(And I know what you're thinking, but...that Ron Schiller video was just entrapment, you know).

6. 548

548 Guest

Romney's statement:

I

Have

Banned

Guns

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Would you care to read his Snopes link?

8. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Buzzie, this is my source.

johngalt_2011_120672.jpg

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur.”

Riiiiiight!!

They can't even deal with the ones behind bars nor the ones caught red handed breaking laws!!

And Obo and his cronies think they can catch "impulses" He'd better talk to Slick Willie some more!! Then find Jesse Jackson for more one on one talks!!

10. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Here is another factoid to support snopes.

And Libs like to say Conservatives have a problem separating fact from fiction.

11. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

PRESIDENT OBAMA:

"...other sources of the violence because frankly in my home town of Chicago there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47’s. They’re using cheap handguns..."

Handguns have been illegal in Chicago for what, thirty years? Maybe they could change the law from "Handguns are not legal in Chicago" to "Handguns are really, seriously, not legal in Chicago." Would that help?

Danny

12. rpeerless

So O knows where "cheap handguns" are at in Chicago? Tell me where cheap handguns are cause I sure can't find any that are cheap anywhere.

Step one: handgun lessons $$$$$
    Step two: handgun permit $$$$$$$$$$$$
    Pay the town $$$$$$$$$$
    Pay the state $$$$$$$$$
    Step three: Purchase handgun $$$$$$$$$$
    Step four: purchase accessories $$$$$$$$$
    Step five: purchase safe to keep it in $$$$$$$$$
    Step six: join club and organizations (NRA) $$$$$$$$$
    Step seven : Lots of practice ammo $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not cheap by any means.
    What you talkin bout, Willis?

And with incoherent speech like that, I don't think you, O, should have a handgun but then who am I to set limits?

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

"Violent impulses before they occur" is a very broad paintbrush. That is scary.

14. rpeerless

Go figure on that one. In a word 'psychobabble'.

15. Westie

Westie Member

Does anybody else get a kick out of 548?

16. darr

darr Well-Known Member

It is already illegal for felons to own weapons.It is already illegal to use a weapon in the process of commiting a crime.Obama and the libs wouldn't know an assault weapon from their arses.As far as they know your Rem 1100 is an assault weapon.All this gun control bs is intellectually bankrupt but it sounds good to soccer moms.

Darr

17. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

RP those steps are for honest people. The steps for cheap handguns are:

1. Mug somebody with a knife or tire iron.

2. Take that money and buy some crack.

3. Trade the crack to a junkie that has guns.

4. Laws, gun laws? We don't need no stinking gun laws.

Wayne

18. rpeerless

Wayneo,

Is it me or are some of those drug crazed thugs making a bunch of 'lucky shots' (and I mean that sarcastically) or do they just have tons of ammo? All those chronicled shootings just don't make sense. Totally 'blind' and the thugs don't miss?

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's all right, now they have added a tax of $25.00 on every purchase, that ought to keep those ;drug dealers from getting guns.

Dumb and dumber.

HM

20. rpeerless

Halfmile,

Before the bad guys shoot, don't the bad guys have to practice at the range for thirty some years, watch where they place their feet, make sure their stance and grip is correct and buy specialized shooting equipment? Or is there a magic pill? (meant sarcastically of course)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.