1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Say 'NO' to new gun controls !!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rumplestilskin, Apr 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Sign this petition to register your support.
    Go to this Web Site and please fill out the Petition.

http://gw_pahouseit_district128.psinternal.net/?sectionid=73&sectiontree=73

Please also read the proposed House Bill 760.

2. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Pennsylvania Gun Registration Legislation Introduced!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

The "Gun Registration Act of 2007", House Bill No. 760, sponsored by State Representatives Angel Cruz (D-180), Rosita Youngblood (D-198), Cherelle Parker (D-200), Jake Wheatley (D-19), Lisa Bennington (D-21), and Lawrence Curry (D-154) has been introduced in Harrisburg.

This misguided proposal would require every gun in Pennsylvania to be registered annually with the state. The registration would cost law-abiding gun owners $10 per gun each year. Of course, criminals won’t pay anything BECAUSE CRIMINALS DON'T REGISTER GUNS! In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Haynes v. U.S. (309 U.S. 85 (1968)) that since felons are prohibited from owning firearms, compelling them to register them would violate their 5th Amendment rights against self-incrimination. However, if a law-abiding gun owner fails to register it, he or she will be jailed and lose his or her Second Amendment rights FOREVER.

The measure would require each gun owner submit to fingerprinting, have a background check, and include passport-style photos for the registration cards. The registration card for each gun would then have to be carried with that gun at all times. To make matters worse, if the state should reject your application for any reason, YOUR GUNS WILL BE CONFISCATED!

Please call your State Representative and State Senator today and ask them to oppose HB760! For contact information or help identifying your State Legislators, please click here.

It's time for all Pennsylvania NRA members’ voices to be heard!

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

This is a good thread. Thanks rumplestilskin.

Now, lets take it one more step. Every resident of Pennsylvania that signed the petition indicate if by posting to this thread. Just say "I did". Thanks.

I did.

Frank

I also sent a letter to my representative in Harrisburg!

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

refer to "Democrat Gun Owners" thread. Check it out.

5. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Signed it.

I actually welcome this sort of over-reaching (so long as it fails). Maybe it will galvanize the opposition.

6. Travioli

Travioli TS Member

I did and I also contatcted my representatives witin my district and one has gottenback to me oppossing this bogus new law.

7. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Seip seeks to protect gun owners' rights

A growing number of you have contacted me voicing your disapproval of House Bill 760, which would unfairly target law-abiding gun enthusiasts with annual fees and complicated procedures. I want to take this opportunity to tell you that I am on your side.

Any legislation which seeks to impose restrictions on gun owners, whether through fees, limits or registration, clearly goes against Article I, Section 21 of the Pennsylvania Constitution which states that "the right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

As your representative and a gun enthusiast, I assure you that I will do everything within my power to defeat this bill and turn the focus toward better enforcing our current laws regarding criminals and weapons.

If you have questions on this or any other topic, feel free to contact me on my Web site or in my constituent service offices. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.