1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Saw My First Fawn and Baby Turkey.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Auctioneer, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Saw my first fawn this year. It was having a hard time in the tall grass. Funny to watch. This morning I saw a hen turkey that had 11 little ones. All looked healthy and were feeding and jumping around. Glad to see that the rains didn't get them.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I bet those baby Turks are cute, never saw one

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

All baby animals are cute, when I was a kid we raised turkeys and every spring we would get 250,000 poult turkeys, they were cute for about 2 seconds, we would sell most of them after we raised them to range size, and finish out about 80,000, I still hate turkey

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

If anyone has ever raised turkey's they will agree that there is no animal on this earth dumber. A horse is a close second.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Same brain size.

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Try Turkey hunting and see how dumb they are?---sjb---

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Cuban, They are cute when very young. Saw some last Spring near the house and it is cute to watch them as their legs are so short it looks like their sliding along. They were having trouble getting up over the sloped granite curb crossing the street.

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Years ago I was cutting hay. I was about to turn a corner when on the other side of the turn was a hen turkey. I shut everything down. She then went from my front right to my front left then all the way behind the tractor. She chripped three times and the grass to my back right came to life. 1 2 3 and 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 and thn the slow sick one came to make it 12. I didn't think that one was going to make it. She looked them all over then looked at me and walked in the woods. Later that summer she came in the yard to eat malberrys. There were 11. She lost the sick one like I thought she would. She still did a great job raising the 11 she had.

9. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

"If anyone has ever raised turkey's they will agree that there is no animal on this earth dumber. A horse is a close second."

I think the wild turkeys are smarter than the farm turkeys.

Benjamin Franklin had great respect for the wild turkey and wanted it to be the national bird.

10. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I'm glad old Ben didn't get his wish. Can't imagine how roast Eagle at Thanksgiving would taste. Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.