1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Saving Planet by Recycling Vintage Pads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Like many on this Forum, I can barely sleep thinking about the destruction of our planet from Global Warming and running out of space in landfills.

Fortunately, I discovered that I can reduce my carbon footprint and limit my landfill utilization by recycling vintage Jostam pads on to my favorite shotguns.

I know it is enormous sacrifice, but I felt I had to do my part.

And, it's a lot more fun than giving up two-ply toilet paper.

Remington 870 before:

CIMG0045_0001.jpg

Remington 870 with vintage Jostam Hy-Gun fitted by Frank Vallone of Sycamore Hill Designs (wood refinishing by me):

870pad.jpg

1927 Ithaca 4E Knick with another vintage Jostam Hy-Gun, fitted by Les Hovencamp of Diamond gunsmithing (smudge is from me not Les):

CIMG0075.jpg

2. neofight

neofight TS Member

It is quite comforting to know that there are others out there who, like Mr. Gore, are dedicated green weenies and will sacrifice a goat if necessary in order to save a liter of fuel or a stocking of coal. I too, am doing my part by reducing the number of trips to my local foo-foo drive-thru coffee house where i usually order a 12oz, extra hot, double mocha with a bit of whip and 2% milk. My next step is to go to 1%, but that's a giant leap.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Reloaders are the original recyclers.

4. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I can only hope that the wood is the recyling of an old growth forest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.