1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"SAVE THE DATE", Williams County Ohio Calcuttas

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Joe Smoke, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Williams County Gun Club in NW Ohio will again be holding 3 Calcuttas this winter:

Sunday, December 9

Sunday, January 13

Sunday, February 10

These events have been well attended in the past. 4 distinctly different trap fields, great clubhouse, and the friendly atmosphere the Williams Couty Gun Club has offered for years. More info on the individual programs will follow later, but get them on your calendar and hope to see you there.

Joe Nester

2. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

3. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

With these new 2-yard "adjustments", this will really be a horse race!!

Matt Nicol

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

It is going to beat Matt from the 19!
    Doug Allison

5. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Hi Doug, no 19 for me, the ATA must have not done thier homework,,,,,Ill be on the 23 unless i earn more between now and then. Which is what my plans are to do, I want to get back where i can once again shoot with Rob, and Jeff. And of course, you and your Dad!!! Matt

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I am starting a petition that requires all past winners of Williams County Calcuttas to shoot from the 27 yardline. They also have to shoot 3/4 oz loads of #9's, furnish the beer after the shoot, and allow us to drag race their cars (prefer a Dodge Challenger) down to the corner and back.

7. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

I think you have a new ATA category there Setterman. Past Winners of Williams County Calcuttas. I'll see if I can get MJ to add a trophy for that.

Be easy on the Challenger, I know a kid that still figures on driving that to the Prom in May.....

Joe

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Joe, I want to power break that baby really, really bad! Those are not good Prom cars. Back seat is too small.

9. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Wow is all i can say. Will bring beer, load some of those shells, and leave the challenger home! and Joe, Rosey is correct, that back seat is bamn small!!!!

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Past winners should not get the 2 yds off. I think you should make a new rule Joe. The only exception would be if Duckdog and I bought that shooter then he would get the 2 yds off.

Any current or past OSTA director should have 2 yds added to current yardage. This is a appearance add-on because if they won "how would it look".

Just trying to make it fair.

Don

11. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Sure am happy you added in on this thread BigDon.... MJ and Joe will no doubt take your advise!!!!!

12. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

Matt,, would love to see the "Carey boys" shoot Williams County, then they would have an opourtunity to see "challenging" targets! Maybe Glenn should give the young guy a day off,, "not Doug,,, Grant",, he could probably give us all lessons!
    Dave B

13. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Dave, Grant is busy learning to drive and shooting deer. Dad and I might come up on a Tuesday, we hear that Williams Co is open for practice, to test the water. Didn't you think that the UCOA targets were challenging?
    Doug Allison

14. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Hi guys I'm on Doug's computer at work, ( the early bird catches the worm). I will work on getting up there. I've heard it is very challenging. I really want the chance to burn some rubber with that YELLOW dodge charger!!! Glenn
    ps Grant has me busy skinning and cutting up deer, interrupting my Wednesday night shooting at Fostoria. talk at you later, The Grocery Guy

15. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Hey BigDon,

I like your new rule about two yards off for any shooter we buy! As an OSTA Director, you know I will gladly shoot from any yardage MJ puts me at cuz at these shoots most of the money is made or lost in the bidding room, not on the trap field. Sure is gonna be fun!

DuckDog

16. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Matt,I think the fix is in. it will not make any difference front seat or back,
    you are sc_ _ _ _ _!!!! I promise I will not sign the petition ??? Well maybe I should not promise, Rosie gave me some good tips. I still want to squeal those tires!! Glenn

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Is that gunclub on Highway 6. I it is would you mind if a couple of Indiana boys drop in on one of them Calcutts. Bill

18. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

Go to WCCL.NET and "Find Us" for a map

12813 County Road J, Montpelier, OH 43543-9607

19. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

b12 Yes, take highway 6 into Ohio to route 15. North on 15 through Bryan and to County Road J. Left (West) on J one mile and club is on NW corner of intersection. We wouldn't mind a few Indiana shooters...you are welcome anytime! Actually we have several Indiana shooters attend on a regular basis-hope you make the trip. Roger

20. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Also, "save the date" for our MidwayUSA HP laptop computer 50 bird nonregistered shoot on December 31, 2012-New years Eve day shoot to benefit our youth fund. We will be shooting a 50 bird lewis class with a blind draw for two numbers-if your score ends in one of the two numbers drawn, you are shooting off for a HP laptop computer. We will also be having a lewis class on the 50 bird shoot for prizes...should be fun and more details will follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.