1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Savage slug gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Nice. These guns have a reputation for accuracy.

2. Oldgunsarebetter

Oldgunsarebetter TS Member

I bought One last year to. Model 220 bolt action in 20 ga. Shot 1 doe with it at 120 yards. Right through the cage, dropped right there. No tracking involved. I used a win. Partittion gold slug. These make a huge hole, but not real tight groups at 100 yds. Fella at the club said to try a slug with a polymer tip. Better groups, and just as deadly.

3. mxrider458

mxrider458 Member

I've had an older Model 210 for about the past 10 years. I'd prefer to carry that over my .06 or .280 here in PA. Most shots within 100yds, and plenty of gun for that. Never had one walk away. Federals with Barnes Expander. Tried polymer tips, but Expanders work much better. 2 3/4" also, no 3"s!!

4. missed

missed Member

To bad they dropped the Fed. Expanders. Best slug I have everused and now they are gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.