1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Savage Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jsa3107, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Model 25 Question
    « on: Today at 03:37:35 PM » Quote Modify

I hope this is the right place to ask this
    Several weeks ago I ordered a model 25 from my local dealer
    After 3 weeks it came in and was defective the front scope base was defective (bent down and to the left)
    The manager (who I have know for a few years ) said no problem we will order you anouther one
    2 weeks go by and I get a call today that the new one was in
    I go down they open the sealed box and on top of the barrel was a mar with no blueing
    At this point I dont know what to do
    I have heard they shoot great but what I have seen savage isnt doing a good job in checking what leaves the factory...

Any thoughts???

2. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Dec 27, 2007
    The last few Savages that friends or I have bought have been perfect. Years ago they had some problems (shotgun wouldn't fire, marred screws, etc) but that was at the time of the great American quality dark ages (78-82).

I hope this is an aberration as I thought Savage was bringing themselves back from the brink of oblivion. I'd give them one more chance. I really like my 17HMR (new) and my 99 (old).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.