1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Savage Gold Wing o/u?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bodybuilder, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Does anyone have one of these or have any info on them? They feel like nice guns for the money. Thanks

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

targetmaster-does one shoot it or ride it? Sorry couldn't resist! LOL Hope you find some info on it.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

3. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Yes I have one. They are an alright gun for the money(for hunting only). If you are shooting day in and day out, or shooting clay sports you may want to look at another O/U. I have had no problems with mine probably shot 2000+ rounds through it since last fall and I am pleased with it. My friend bought one at the same time last fall, but a different dealer and has had nothing but trouble with it. He has probably only shot 500 max through it. First cracked stock, (fixed under warranty but sent him a straight grain wood - does not match the forend), Next firing pin (he did not send it in, but they sent him the pin and found out it has to be machined down to fit). It is now sitting at a gunsmiths. I purchased a SKB and love it and put my Savage on the shelf for hunting only. I know the SKB is about double the price of the Stevens, but I am sure if you would pick one up you would like it. Some stores are closing out the older models (TSS85)to make room for the G7 and you can find good deals. Just stay out of the discount houses and go to a local dealer. They know their business and will treat you right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.