1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Savage 330 schematic

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoWyo!, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoWyo!

GoWyo! TS Member

Howdy all,

New to your board. I've got a savage (valmet) 330 that I tried to take pheasant hunting a week ago. It's been so long since I used it that I think the old oil grease, unburnt powder etc. built up and gummed up the safety. I tore it down thinking I could remember how to put it back, but I'm having difficulties. If anyone has a schematic or can tell me how 1. the little ribbon of metal tha covers the automatic safety spring is oriented and 2. how I can reassemble the trigger/hammer group into the receiver so that I have a working gun I'd appreciate it.

I can assemble the trigger/hammer group into the receiver sans the stock and it works just fine. Problem is I don't think it would be much fun to shoot in that fashion. The issue is positioning the rear leg of the safety between the trigger and the barrel selector transfer bar (at least that's were i think it goes) with the stock on when you can't see it!

Finally, if anyone knows where a buttstock could be found for this shotgun, I could use a new one. I fell on it the first day out 31 years ago and snapped it off at the wrist. It's epoxied and functional, but I will hand this down to my son some day. I appreciate any info you can share.

Thanks,

Gary

2. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Numrich shows a stock, but are sold out, and no schematic, I had one apart once took me forever to get the safety/trigger back together right. I'll look through my reference library and see if I can find anything for you.

Big Dave

3. GoWyo!

GoWyo! TS Member

Thanks Big Dave.

4. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I looked through everything I had and called a few friends and none of us had anything on this gun, sorry.

5. GoWyo!

GoWyo! TS Member

I appreciate you going out there for me, but after a couple more trys, I got it. The metal shield goes between the safety and the spring as a retainer.

The trick to getting the rear leg of the safety where it needed to go was to assemble it upside down starting with the safety to the rear but slowly disengaging it. There is a mechanical device to the rear of the trigger that has to be pushed in while pulling the trigger (hammers relaxed) as well. It was almost a three handed operation!!

I even went to Sportsmans warehouse to look at their books on exploded firearms diagrams. They had a schematic of the 330 but it didn't show the auto safety retaining shield or give hints.

In case anyone is interested. It came apart, I knew it had to go back together.

Thanks again.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

savage 330

savage 330 over and under schematics

savage 330 schematic

schematics for savage 330