1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

savage 220

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by splitbolt, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splitbolt

splitbolt TS Member

Trying to get a savage 220 sighted in wondering what slugs have worked best for others tryed hornady sst good to 50 yds. then all over at 100yds.going to try federal barnes cant find rem accu-tip say they r on backorder. any suggestions of what works would help this could get exspensive.
    thanks Dan

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Click on the link i provided. It is a discusion on this subject from a few days ago. I will tell you that the only real way of knowing is testing. I know it's expensive but guns can vary on what they like even of the same make and model.

Also make sure to shoot no more than (3)shots in a row and then brush the barrel and let it cool. This can affect accuracy greatly.

3. splitbolt

splitbolt TS Member

thanks grntitan headed to the range

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

splitbolt:

The following article might help.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/savage_220F.htm

sissy

5. SX12

SX12 Member

My 220 likes Remington with plastic tips the best. Very tight groups at 150 yds if there is no wind and you hold the forend firmly. Because of the slower muzzle velocity than rifles there is actually a tendency for barrel rise and verticle stringing if you do not maintain a tight forend grip.

Only thing I do not like about the gun is the poor ejection and troublesome problems with empties not clearing the scope and mount.

SX-12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

savage 220 trap