1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SATURDAY and the koran??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I dont watch the news.. and dont know much about this but.. already today had a couple of people tell me I need to check the clips of my .223.. they think when the guy burns the korans on saturday we are in for a fight,,?? what do you think..

2. NintyT

NintyT Member

All the fuss is absurd. The U.S. media treats the world as if it's a small neighborhood where everyone knows everone else's business.

So let's get this straight, We've gone to Afganistan to stop the opression and to spread democracy and freedom. It's okay to burn the American flag, a cross, or an effigy of the preacher in this case, but when this preacher threatens to burn korans (qurans)even the President jumps up and questions the wisdom. Isn't this the same President that refused to comment on the "wisdom" of building a mosque near ground zero? It's all so disgusting.

What did the U.S. military do when they found "off duty" soldiers passing out bibles in Afganistan? They confiscated and BURNED them. Now, I'm not much of a religious man, but the hypocracy is maddening.

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Like I have said, Political Correctness in the West is what happens when you share too much power with women. It makes you weak and afraid. The West is weak and afraid of Islam. There is a balance between male and female in society. We had it in our past when we were great. Now we are ruled by our feminine side unlike Islam which is completely ruled by their male side. They are warriors we are scared. We cower when they make threats. If we don't shake off our political correctness and man up we are doomed. The world is like a playground, no different. If you don't stand up to bullies you get knocked around and evil and fear rules.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am doing my part to promote world peace. I am thinking about awarding copies of the Koran as trophies at a shoot and I hope some of the radical Islamic groups will give me some added money for the shoot.

Does this sound like a good idea? What would be a good name for such a shoot?

Pat Ireland

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I wish Washington had this much outrage when a muslim terrorist killed unarmed soldiers on an American Military base, or when a muslim terrorist gets off a plane and the first words to him were "you have the right to remain silent. And the list goes on & on & on...........

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The "Bait and Switch Nationals"

Guy

7. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

It's okay that they burn our flag. Parse our troops naked in the streets and publicly dis-member or cut their heads off and show it on their tv. Drop the big bomb

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

how do you really feel skeet??

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's the damn media trying to stir up crap. They used to say when you stir **** you are bound to get some on you. I hope it happens to the media someday. This preacher in FL I hear has 25 to 30 followers. So what does the media do? Stir up the whole world about what 25 people in FL are going to do Saturday.

Our local media here in Indiana is going to all the local mosque and sticking a camera in their face and asking them how outraged are they? Not if, but how much. Meanwhile the local media wouldn't even show up when we got a couple thousand people to show up at one of our local tea parties.

10. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I don't really care one way or the other. Its likely to strir up a hornets nest, but I reckon another fight is coming sooner or later. I don't have a problem with sooner. However, I think the preacher that is planning on doing this is just looking for his 15 minutes of fame, and he is getting it.

John E.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I found a Kuran at a good price because the cover was scuffed up a little bit ... I told the guy no problem, all I'm going to do is burn it and hope some fool tries to stop me from doing so ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. primed

primed Well-Known Member

On the anniversary of some of their's burning many of our citizens to death. Bring it on!!

Bob

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Wrong thing to do. Not good.

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

First off your have to put their religion in its place, its a "cult" just like the followers of Jim Jones, David Kerish, and others.

If this is what it takes to get the radicals out into the open, GREAT!

The military should have done it a long time ago, BUT NO we had to be passive with a bunch of third world lunatic's and make sure that the gitmo boys had new one's to replace the one they themselves threw down the toilets!!

We bend over for these clowns but shun the christians principle that made this country great at one time. ie; no hanging of the 10 comandments, prayer is offenive if "Jesus" name is used, let alone sing songs at Christmas time that refers to a Baby that would save "Sinners" and bring Peace to the world!

Being tolerate is living at peace with those who don't belive as you do, when one KILL's because you don't believe as they do, its time to "exterminate" that group! What do you think WWII was ALL about!

History repeats itself because IDOITS refuse to learn from it!

You can burn my Bible,and they have,all you want. I'll just go out and buy another one!! BUT you won't find me out wanting to cut off your head for doing so!

There's the difference between my "religion" and theirs, WHICH do you think is right or just?

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I don't see anything wrong with burning in protest of Muslim terrorists. If i lived in Florida now I would go to the burning. Bulge.

16. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Its time we started using the tactics they use. I hope a thousand other churchs do the same thing to show them we are not all obama wusses. By the way..in another topic on here a couple of days ago..someone was going to put a gay bar next to the proposed mosque in nyc. Any further news on that? ed nichols

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I like that trapperwads, " Do unto others as they do unto you". Maybe we should change that to "Do unto others before they do it to you". Bulge.

18. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

They will continue to try to kill Americans regardless of what happens with the burning of Qurans on Saturday just as they have done for years. It should be a non-issue but the President, administration and news media have chosen to blow it up all out of proportion.

19. dverna

dverna Active Member

Mr. Nichols,

If your church condones this behavior I hope it is a small one with only a few like minded folks as members. What a disgraceful thing for a church to sanction, and participate in.

Consider this:

All Terrorists may be Muslims; but not all Muslins are terrorists.

All Catholics are sinners; but not all sinners are Catholic.

All skeet shooters are clay target shooters: but not all clay target shooters are skeet shooters.

See the point?

I assure you that calling a clay target shooter a skeet shooter is very insulting to many shooters in other clay disciplines (especially trap - LOL). It also demonstrates a tremendous amount of ignorance.

See the point?

Don Verna

20. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Don Verna...This is America..a country in which we have a right to express our opinions. I have expressed mine. I respect your right to yours. As far as I knowa it was radical muslims that attacked on 9-ll not buddists, israelis, christians, etc. If this was done in the name of Allah..then allah and Mohammed be dammed. ed nichols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.