1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Satlelite Phones

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 870TB, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 870TB

870TB TS Member

DA was taking a shot at Gordy. It's a dictionary site.

It would appropriate for Gordy to take a shot at DA for his ineptness at posting a link.

Adios, Dirk

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Try the above URL.

WW

3. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Gordon,

Call Satcomdirect.com at the information below. Tell them Vicki from Discovery referred you to them. Let them know you are looking for a unit for personal use. They have plans that are a little more reasonable.

1901 Highway A1A · Satellite Beach, FL 32937
    Ph: +1.321.777.3000 Fax: +1.321.777.3702

201 N. Union Street, Suite 370 · Alexandria, VA 22314
    Ph: +1.703.549.3009 Fax: +1.703.549.3008

4. smp005

smp005 Member

Gordon,

Check http://www.outfittersatellite.com/ I rent from them when I'm hunting in Alaska and in Africa. Unless you have a serious full time need for one, purchasing a satellite phone is not really cost effective...

There are some rates that drop below $1 per min depending on the carrier and if you purchase call time up front. GlobalStar usage is cheaper than Iridium usage but the services vary according to which hemisphere you will be in...

Scott

5. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Not sure but I think mine is with Global Star and we get 72min free with our monthly subscription that I think is about 59.00/mo. That program is good for any where in the US except Alaska. We only use it when cell phones won’t reach and have never exceeded the 72 min.

6. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Gordy,

Ever consider anger management classes?

Hope you are just having a bad day.

ed.

7. jrmb

jrmb TS Member

I've used GlobalStar 1000 miles offshore to find out the Colts beat the Pats, it was not a good call!

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We use them at work. The ISDN connection costs $6 a minute. But in the long run it's cheaper for moving large blocks of data than the slower speed connection - IF you hang it up when the data is finished transferring. Some of our people have rrepeatedly left open connections for lengthy periods and have run up phone bills in the thousands. Oops.

9. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Just remember Gordy, if you can't get a clear spot in the area to see the sky you will have trouble with sat phones too. My bosses used to use them for trips to Africa but didn't like that they had to stand outside to use them.

10. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Nice little fish! Used a Sat phone last year in Canada. Fly-in fishing trip. (Northerns and Walls.) They come back for you in a week. Do not call unless emergency. Propane gas leak in cabin was emergency. Sat phone was absolutely the only method of communication. Catch and release except for the ones you eat. And the RCMP enforces it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.