1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Satellite Grands

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BFJ201, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

I would like you guys opinions on which are the best satellite grands to attend. I have only been to the Southwestern Grand and have always had a blast there. (They're even in the process of replacing their hand set machines with PAT Traps as I understand that is the biggest gripe about that shoot)

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I like the Dixie Grand and the Southern Grand. They make a nice break during Winter. The Greek food around the area is unsurpassed. These are the only Satellite Grands where you can see alligators on the grounds and the fire ants are friendly to shooters.

Pat Ireland

3. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Well, we have never been to the Dixie or the Southern. Would like to go there at some point. My favorite Satellite grand we have been to is by far the Autumn. It is beautiful in Tucson in November.....we also like the Spring Grand (also in Tucson). This year at the spring grand we had nice weather ;I understand sometimes you get rain....but the last 2 years have been nice. In Autumn it is cool in the morning....warms up nicely in the day and cool wonderful evenings. The people running the shoot are GREAT too and the clubhouse and grounds is one of the nicest we have been to......The southwest grand has awfully nice outdoor clubhouse though!! and great grounds......as you know.

Lorna Hull

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I have attended the Dixie, Southern, Southwestern, and Great Lakes. For my money the Southwestern is #1, and the GLG is a close second. Southern is also good, but I stopped going to the Dixie because the weather that time of year is too unpredictable (read: too cold for us northerner's looking for shorts/shirt sleeve weather). All in all you can't go wrong at any of them.

Scott

5. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I have only been to the ones in my home town, nothing to go on besides,

Tucson Trap and Skeet, AKA Tucson Trap Skeet and Sporting Clays,

PUTS ON ONE HECK OF A SHOOT!

I being only a yearly menber feel I can shout about, this, Becasue I don't have a hand in running anything, just try to be helpful when needed.

AL

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Scott- I will agree with your comments about the temperatures at the Dixie Grand in January. Some days, I do have to wear long pants and a short sleeve shirt but most days short pants are in order. I did wear a sweat shirt several years ago at the Dixie Grand but I do my best to forget the cooler days and concentrate on the warm days that are in my memory. In the Summer, I will not wear shorts unless the temperature is over 80 degrees. But, in January any day that has a temperature that begins with a 7 is shorts time for me.

It seems odd that 70 degrees in January feels very warm but 70 degrees in July is rather cool.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.