1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Satellite Direct TV ??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ontario Chris, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Has anybody had any experience with Satellite Direct TV? Supposedly you get the feed through your computer, have access to 3500 channels, and pay a one time payment of $49.95.

Too good to be true?

Chris

2. mwmham

mwmham Member

apparently it is a "scam", it works for some but not all

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/satellite-direct-tv-scam-read-before-you-buy.html

3. billdennis

billdennis Member

I own a company and we install DirecTV. I have 15 plus years in DirecTV. If you have some questions I can answer them. I have 15 guys working daily doing installs..

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I have DirecTV, comes in on a small satellite dish, WHOLE bunch'a channels available and it's amazing how often you can't find any worth watching, different channel packages available, what I'm getting now is costing $58.49 a month.

John C. Saubak

5. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Dish Network is a little cheeper in our area.

6. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

its all shits and giggles until it rains hard

7. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If my wife wasn't hooked on the Home & Garden channel I'd be back to a rabbit-ear antenna!

8. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

We have Dish Network here in the Amarillo area. My mother in law has it also. Great service, prices are cheaper than Direct TV. Love the Western Channel(342)and the RFD Channel(231). Just my thoughts. Charlie Henderson

9. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I'd hate to see your monthly bill for 3500 channels.....200 is bad enough.

10. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Direct sucks have to pay extra for 1 sports channel 606 i think.
    Railroad

11. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

Hello,
    be careful and read the fine print about what you get and what you dont. We started off with DISH network which is still the cheapest in this area, I believe it was $29.95. Then you have to pay extra to get local broadcast channels, and more extra for a second TV. The service is good except when a good thundercloud gets between the satellite dish and the satellite. Then last winter when we had all of the snow here in Pa I had to sweep the snow off the actual dish twice. It was good that it was right outside the window of the spare bedroom and I could reach it. On the roof out of reach might not have had a similar result. They started off with RFDTV for free with the minimum package now its on a higher number of channel package which there is an additional charge for. I liked it too. Look at the different packages to see what you like as opposed to what you get on the basic, that will give you an idea what it will cost you per month. Also they used to have a call center in McKeesport Pa that they just closed not too long ago. If youre local you may want to take that into consideration.
    Thanks
    Kevin McIlwain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.