1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sarasota Skeet, Trap and Sporting Clays

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

Just wanted to let everyone know I made my first trek to Sarasota last saturday. They were having a sporting clays tournament and I walk through the course with a group of guys that were just great. I learned a ton and got to shoot a few birds.

Nice group of folks there.

Ron

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I heard they had some high prices to shoot. Any truth to that?

3. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

I was in Fort Myers for three days last weekend, so I drove up to Sarasota on Sunday to shoot trap. Ended up shooting trap, skeet, five stand, and wobble trap. Ended up spending the whole day, and finished up pulling about 3 rounds of skeet.

What a great bunch of people. The guy that runs the five stand drove me around the sporting clays course in a golf cart so I could see what a nice course it was.

I will certainly go back when I am in the area again.

Jim

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

FlaLagarto: My interest was only to find out if the prices were high, as compared to other clubs. I was not bad mouthing the club, never been there. But, I will take up your offer the next time I'm in the area.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Prices are higher at Florida Clubs because we are at the end of the supply chain. Example... Targets are higher because of shipping cost. You guys who live in the NE or Midwest are just a 100 or so miles from the same factory that we have to go to to get targets.

Don't complain.

TB

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr Baber ... I heard that the targets down in Florida were kind of crappy due to that crap flows down sort of thing ... I bet oranges down there are cheaper though than oranges up in the NE or midwest.

;-)))))

Hey when Walt returns to Gator tell him his stance is all screwed up and keep correcting him until his toes are touching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sarasotatrapandskeetandsportingclays