1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Palin/ cap/trade

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by walnutmaker, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

With all the liberal media jumping all over palin for quitting---- does anyone think Barack will quit after he gets the cap n trade bill passed and unemployments tops 15%. I think the citizens will want to tar and feather him. What do you think???

2. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

Cap n trade will hammer the midwestern states big time. Lots of coal powered generation plants in states like Wisconsin. Most of that coal comes out of Gillette WY. Maybe Trappy's parents will get laid off and poor Trappy will forced to pick grit with the chickens. I see a Republican landslide in two years.

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I wouldn't count on a Palin Land side! The latest is a report that she leaving office for other reasons, most notable, Liberal Alsakan blogger Shannyn More is now Claiming as "fact" that Governor Palin resigned because she is under federal investigation for embezzlement or other crimal wrong doings! It's hard to believe, but based on Alaska's past investigations and her involvement with the Alaskan senator it just might prove to be true! Let's hope she doesn't end up doing hard time.............I wouldn't wish that on anyone even if she was stealing tax payers money.........

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The liberal assholes have filed 18 lawsuits and all were found to be crap and found not guilty on all. The cost has been astronomical the state does not cover that cost.

How the hell would you fight that kind of money? Crap these Soros types brought an election what chance does a citizen have?

Yes, Democrat operatives and their lawyers cost Alaska 80% of their operative time and 2 million in debt, but she also said her family has become a HALF MILLION in debt from these operatives.

Rock

Jim

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The qualified people have to be knocked over so the pukes can retain control.

Shrill vociferations of misconduct, true or not, have an effect. I believe Sarah Palin is as qualified to run this country as anyone, and more honest than the rest.

I had a big laugh at another post here calling her unqualified, after we elected a junior Senator who had his way paid through college by questionable interests, and who had the thinnest working record of any Senator I ever saw.

I sure hope the carbon tax gets blown out by the Senate.

Any legislator who supports this crap is taking his political life in his hands.

HM

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Palin is NOT under investigation by the FBI.
    The Los Angeles Times, Sunday edition, had an article; The Times is our Left Coast Liberal paper, so it must be true.
    Dave

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

All the Dem are trying to do is set the ground on doubt and start trashing her in hope that enough people believes them. They the Dem are scared of her.

8. halfmile

jcl, this was brought up on O'Reilly and it shows what pukes the feminazi outfits really are. They are very religious only when it's to their advantage.

Typical of Janusian Liberals.

HM

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Now that you have brought that up you are 100% correct. If they do not come to her add then they should not come to anyones add.

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I believe she stepped aside for the betterment of the State. Couldn't fight all the bull shit being thrown at her and the family and be a good Governor.

11. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Someone in Alaska must know something of what the real reason is she's stepping down!

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Walnutmaker, you accidentally brushed up against the site's favorite topic, Sarah Palin...but your original post was mainly about cap & trade, and how Americans will react to it.

The short answer is, I don't think many Americans even know what it is. People are ignorant. The irony is, this will probably have a more palpable effect on their daily lives than anything else this current Bolshevik is doing, except health care.

When their electric bill goes up, they'll sit at their kitchen table with their pen in one hand and a roll of stamps in the other, and bitch and whine and blame the power company...then go right back to watching American Idol. I bet a lot of them will vote to re-elect Obama, and will never understand what connection he even had to it.

13. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

McCain's people had it right: Palin is a "whack-job!" Now a quitter.

Hard-core dems hope she gets the Republican nomination. Brings out the evangelicals for another whippin' of the GOP.

The national press would have let her accessorise in Alaska if she had not quit her post. Now we get 3 more years of fun with the pole dancer and Gov. Sanford telling us about Republican family values.

14. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Buzz-gun. I completely agree with what you say however it was not an accident I mentioned it. I think when the unemployment rate gets to the point we are in a real depression It will become Obamas doing not the lame argument that it was all Bush's fault.
    My point is---- will Obama quit when he finds out he failed. My guess is no--he's too darn arrogant and in my mind STUPID!

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

'Nutmaker,

I don't know if you listen to Rush Limbaugh or not, but his inflammatory claim is that not only will Obama _not_ stop, but rather he thinks Obama is _purposely_ harming the economy. He states his opinion, (and does a pretty decent job of defending it), that Obama is first and foremost an ECONOMIC CHANGE AGENT, and many of the sorts of things Obama wants to do, cannot be done when the economy is prosperous. For example, Americans will not willingly consent to having their energy taxed, corporations bailed out, health care rationed, etc...unless they believe there is a major crisis at-hand, and austerity measures are somehow "justified" as a crisis response.

So in other words, he doesn't want to twiddle with the economy like most presidents, but he rather wishes to permanently and irreversibly change it in ways that nobody would tolerate if things were already going well. Now obviously, at some point, this strategy has to be given over to getting oneself re-elected, because driving the economy further aground won't do when you're running for office.

But I definitely think he's going to try and raise as much economic hell as he can, before the recovery starts to take hold and closes the door on his window of opportunity.

Now, the question is...will he go too far, and enact policies that make a conventional recovery impossible within any normal time frame? Or is the resiliency of the US economy so unstoppable, that once it decides to come back, it will come back regardless what the Chocolate Bolshevik decides to do?

His aides and advisers seem to be banking on the latter...that the economy is a golden goose that will never die, and so therefore, we can attach as many leeches to it as possible while it's down, and it will still power its way back up and propel him to re-election. In fact, his campaign rhetoric shows this...he stated he would create 2 million jobs - having been schooled by his advisers that the economy always creates about that number when coming out of a recession.

IT will be interesting to see. Economy comes back...he gets re-elected. It says down...he's toast. In most normal recessions, I'd say he's safe and the economy will bounce back and bail his inexperienced, idealistic ass out. But, this ain't no normal recession, either.

16. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Buzz-gun, Nice answer. I have to agree up to a point. My gut feeling is--if too much more damage is done--- the American people will "begin" to look at him with sketicism. The republican party is a joke and will be no help.
    I remember during Carter waiting in line for gas. My brother in law, captain of an Arco tanker, had to wait a week or more to unload his cargo in San Pedro Calif because there was NO WHERE to store the oil.
    We are all being used and are powerless to do anything about it.

We keep electing these bastards. Where will it end?? In the next life I am quite sure.

17. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Hey WE didnt elect him. If they took all the votes here he would have lost 10 fold rick

18. Damifino

Damifino Member

Shooter Glasses says:<br>
    <i>The latest is a report that she leaving office for other reasons, most notable, Liberal Alsakan blogger Shannyn More is now Claiming as "fact" that Governor Palin resigned because she is under federal investigation for embezzlement or other crimal wrong doings!</i><br>
    No source referenced.

CNN says:<br>
    <i>The FBI, in a rare response to rampant rumors on the Internet, said it is not investigating Alaska Gov. Sara Palin on public corruption charges.</i><br>
    Source = CNN - FBI Spokesman

Note: It was "Alaskan Liberal Bloggers" who made the acusation that Trig Palin was actually Sarah's daughters child. hmmmmmm.

<i>“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”</i><br>
    Joseph Goebbels

19. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

"Chocolate Bolshevik"- if that doesn't capture the essence of BHO, nothing does.

20. halfmile

Oh, my. "Chocolate Bolshevik". Not bad. Nest step is "fecal hued Commie".

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.