1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Santa" shooter had "high powered shotguns".

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Anyone notice this in the news stories about the Christmas party tragedy in Californiam that the media is referring to the shotguns as "high powered shotguns"?<br>
    <br>

2. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

"A search of Pardo's own home in Montrose, a suburb northeast of Los Angeles, turned up racing fuel, five empty boxes for high-powered semi-automatic handguns and two high-powered shotguns. "

Guess they better try to ban Racing Fuel also.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The racing fuel was for a fast get away, not sure about everything else ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

They only thing they get right in the news is their name.

5. JOND

JOND TS Member

Please note-I saw the interview with the Chief of police and he was the one that used the term "high powered shotgun". Hmmm JOND

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They like to use scary sounding terms so they can be important and authoritative to the people they are addressing, whom they think are dumb enough to swallow it.

They make my ass tired. The sooner Obama puts this country in the toilet and they all die from stupidity and incompetence the better I'll like it.

HM

7. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

SO you think he voted Obama ? Or that NO McCain voter could have DONE THIS ? Give me a BREAK........any IDIOT can do this and voted for who he wants ! ARE YOU REALLY serious halfmile? The GUY was out for his ex-in-laws......Period.

8. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I don't believe Halfmile said this guy voted one way or the other.He is referring to another incident which put us as gun owners at risk. Period

9. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Get it /Got it.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's a constant barrage of fear terms. "semi-automatic" is one of the buzzwords. "High Powered" is another.

Don't forget "assault weapon" and "ammunition cache"(just about all of us would be guilty of that one.)

The Prius driving schoolteacher reminds him/her self to vote for gun control if he gets the chance every time he hears that shit.

We are dealing with a concept here, and a false one at that.

If anyone at that party had been packing the results would have been a lot less disastrous.

NO one will say that.

HM

11. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

halfmile is right on the money. It's the buzzwords that are repeated over and over. "High powered shotgun" is just the latest in a bunch of Bravo Sierra from the media and the gun haters. I'll bet we hear "high powered shotgun" a lot more.

12. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

7 1/2's or 8's?

13. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

It won't be long now before the only gun we are allowed to have is an old single shot .22. And thats if we are lucky!

Steve

14. Brian in Oregon

Ah yes, you will be hearing "high powered shotgun" more and more. Congress and Obama/Biden will be pushing for renewal of the 1994 AWB. Keep in mind that the 2004 renewal added pump and semi-auto shotguns, many sporting, similar to how Australia got rid of their "assault sporting shotguns".

15. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

There are only 2 ways to stop the craziness. First carry everywhere you go, I do if I'm breathing. Second is to teach our children, how many of you take a young person to the range? Those that do great, those who don't shame on you. Who's going to replace you when your gone.

16. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

221, I've seen that shotgun on TV. I'll bet my handicap scores would improve with one of those babys.

17. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Not all teachers drive Prius and vote gun control. My wife wasn't sure she would like her own revolver when she got it for her birthday. Now if her students ask her, she tells them what she has. I grade all of the papers written about foreign handguns, such as GLOCK. Kids really freak out until someone reminds them that I am the same coach that prowls the sidelines during trapshoots. They have many NEW buzz words that explain why students aren't getting better grades. It would make you gag. I willl write more after I get off the interstate. Safe ride home to all. IMHO

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I wonder if one of those "high powered shotguns" would help my sporting clays scores?

19. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Possibly the 3 and a half inch magnum loads? I am by no means siding with this story here, but I think it is reasonable to see how someone could refer to the 3 and a half inch magnum loads (if that was the case) as at least "higher powered" than most other shells. I know I wouldn't want to shoot trap with those things.
    Any claims that statement being anti-gun will be ignored...don't even waste your breath.
    -Trappy

20. Brian in Oregon

Trappy, part of the definition of "high powered" is velocity, and 3.5" magnums have no higher velocity than other 12ga hunting shells. They simply carry more payload. Shotshells are low velocity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.