1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Santa Monica Shooter

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by SBray, Jun 11, 2013.

1. SBray

SBray Active Member

Here is a perfect example of how our mental health care system failed!

The shooter had past mental problems and was referred to psychiatric care. He was from a home of domestic violence, he stored large supplies of ammo, high capacity magazines, an AR-15 rifle, etc. The mental health system and his family failed to rope him in to protect everyone from the potential harm he could, and did eventually inflict on others.

Of course, the anti gunners are going to have a field day with this tragedy, blaming the evil assault rifle as the problem. Barbara Boxer has stated that the Santa Monica shooting gives wind to our backs to pursue gun controls!

When are they going to learn? It's not the average law abiding citizens that are responsible gun owners, it is the mentally ill individuals that should never have had access to any weapons.

Steve

2. darr

darr Well-Known Member

For some reason this has not gotten nearly the play that other recent shootings have. I live in Ca. and I've seen a few stories on it but not many. Also I believe I have only read 1 story in the paper.

Darr

3. 548

548 Guest

But the prevailing winds here suggest all the "responsible" gun owners are opposed to background checks.

4. darr

darr Well-Known Member

If he legally owned a weapon in Ca. then passed background check. You cannot buy a rifle, pistol, or shotgun in Ca. without a background check. You can't buy one at a gun show, in a private transaction, or from a dealer without a background check. Yet he still committed the crime.

And he had 30 round mags that are not legal in Ca.

How about that 548.

Darr

5. 548

548 Guest

So what stops him from driving to the Nevada border with a hand full of crisp hundreds to buy from a private party? How about that Darr? You see, some laws should be enacted on a federal basis so uniformity can be achieved.

6. darr

darr Well-Known Member

It is illegal for a Ca. to buy a gun in another state without it being transferred through a FFL. So if that was the case he broke the law. Imagine that a murderer that may not of conformed to firearm laws. Plenty of laws already.

What else you got 548.

Darr

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Using facts to reason with antigun MN Trooper Jeffery is like trying to thread a nut on a stripped bolt. No matter how hard you try, you get nothing accomplished. Typical Left Wing antigun Liberal. It's always somebody or something else's fault. Dude was a fruitcake screaming danger and nobody took the hints.

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Hell, he didn't have to drive anywhere. He probably go the guns and mags from Holder's Fast & Furious street corner crews.

The liberals have learned, a lot! They don't care about the truth, or the facts. They only know what they want and are not bound by truth, convention, ethics or morals in doing what they must to get it.

And the low-information voters say, yeah!

Kip

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    548, quote: <i>"So what stops him from driving to the Nevada border with a hand full of crisp hundreds to buy from a private party? How about that Darr? You see, some laws should be enacted on a federal basis so uniformity can be achieved."</i>

Not legal. Already against federal law. And California law for that matter.