1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Santa Maria gun club ca ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trappug, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappug

trappug TS Member

Anybody ever shoot there.Im thinking about making a trip up there for the weekend to shoot.I see they have one this weekend.How many traps,shells,food,etc.What is the club like,do they have smaller or larger shoots.Trophies ? How far from san luis obispo.Thanks

2. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

This weekends shoot is the Winter Chain Shoot (a gold coin buckle will be up for grabs on Sundays Handicap...) The program is Sat: 100 each Singles Handicap and Doubles, and 200 Handicap on Sunday with the Chain Buckle on the second handicap...They have 8 trap houses ( not sure if all 8 will be in use,, they have a large club house, breakfast and lunch are availible...as are shells

They usually have an ATA shoot once a month and they do have club shoots also. Trophies for this coming shoot is money...they also have offered up buckles and bags in the past...They have a huge shoot in July...the Golden 400 that is 400 handicap targets and two beautiful gold coin buckles for the Champion and R/U on all 400 ( it is a buy in buckle) and gold coin buckles for all the other awards that weekend too...

Distance from San Luis is about 30 minutes ( but don't take that from me I tend to drive a tad faster than most...)

hope you have fun and attend...

Kym

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

4. trappug

trappug TS Member

Thanks

5. trappug

trappug TS Member

What color targets do they throw.Thanks again for the input

6. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

They throw orange White Flyers

Kym

7. tonygrz

tonygrz TS Member

I have fond memories of Santa Maria. My trap shooting hobby started there back in 1975. I remember that in one of summer shoots, they gave away a car for top shooter. Those were the days. I won my first singles class (c) there. And I also won over $1K for second place in handicap in one shoot. That were 1976 dollars !!! Great group of people and a great club. Dan Bonillas cleaned my clock there. Hope you go and have a great time.

Tony Garza
    tonygrz

8. trappug

trappug TS Member

Im going up there for the weekend.Thanks everyone for input.Pending the rain i'll shoot sat or sun.

9. trappug

trappug TS Member

Jim Flynn Thanks again for the input and the great work you did on my Beretta at the CA state shoot this last year.(Trigger install)

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.